Thursday, December 6, 2012

~~It's Thursday!~~


Outside my window...  It's been foggy this week.  A fine misty fog settles in most evenings.  I woke up to a fine mist of fog this morning as well.  It may rain today.  I always say it, but we do need rain.  If we get more rain, I am able to turn the sprinklers off our water bill is huge!

I am thinking... I am 'trying' to get into the Christmas spirit.  I told you it was hard.  With so much sunshine and temperatures in the 70's most days, it's hard to focus on Christmas.  But today I created a list of things I'd like to accomplish.  I've got my big Christmas mailing to prepare.  I've got to order pictures for that and get some thumb drives for digital picture frames.  I 'did' order my mailing labels yesterday.  Maybe they will be here tomorrow.  I also started a list of folks I want to receive home cooked goodies this year.  I need to make a list of what we are going to bake and get that going.

My time should be a little more free after next Wednesday when our little church completes its Christmas Program. 

Today I will be starting a rough draft of the Christmas letter.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510hB5EnbJL._SL500_SS500_.jpg
I am thankful... I am thankful for answer to prayer.  My life is filled with so much answered prayer.  I think about the last year and just smile myself silly!

1 John Chapter 5: 14-15

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.


In the kitchen... We're having Mirin Soaked Cod, Mixed Rice, Garlic Green Beans, greek yogurt for dessert.

I am wearing...Brown denim skirt, black sparkly butterfly tee and brown sweater with my comfy tennis shoes.  Will you tell on me if I say it's the same clothes I had on yesterday?

I am creating...I finished a project Tuesday that I started with my dear friend Shannon @jssteph7.  Here is a picture of the ribbon wreath I made. 

Hers was beautiful too, in teal colors.  I may hang mine outside near the front door for Christmas decor.  If my student finishes his schoolwork before noon today he has been promised that he may hang lights on our small Pygmy Date Palm in the flowerbed out front today.

I am going...  Piano lesson days changed last week to Thursday instead of Monday.  Today we will be going to piano lesson and then to Target afterwards so I can browse some Christmas idea shopping.

I am praying... Praying this week for friends, for far away family, for my married children,  for health and safety for my manly man, for my health, for upcoming church program.

I am reading/watching... Still on the series I started last week, Daughters of the Promise series by Beth Wiseman.


We started a new television series this week.  COLUMBO.  He is my next favorite after Hercule Poirot for fictional detectives.  I love mysteries!

Netflix is a great thing.

I am looking forward to... I'm looking forward to next Thursday when life after the church Chistmas program happens and things will slow down and return to a more normal pace.

From the learning rooms... We're on week 9 in our curriculum.  A big review week. 

Around the house... My house is still in pretty much the same fashion as it was last week, maybe a tad dustier.  I'm smelling lunch cooking in the kitchen.

A peek into this last week...

play practice


I joined the ranks of nursery worker several weeks ago.  This little joy is Brooke.  She loves to cuddle and read books. She belongs to my friend Misty @myallforchrist81 and her blogspot blog.



A favorite quote for today...

"God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself,
because it is not there.
There is no such thing.
"
C.S. Lewis

One of my favorite things... I'm addicted, I know.  Soon I'll have to join a 12 step program.  But really, you'd understand my dilemma if you'd just come out here, visit me and try them yourself.  you'd see why I have such a problem.
Carne Asada Nacho's

(That's what we had for dinner on Monday.)

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Lot's of singing and play practice. 

More pictures form the week:
The following pictures are some of our church caroling at a local mall.









Can you tell who's Mommy was my photographer?  This is baby Katherine and her Momma is Tonya.





(so handsome!)

Have a great weekend dear friends!

10 comments:

  1. Did you make your own nachos??? YUM!All of our faces (my family's) are hilarious in the carolling pictures. lol. We look like such happy campers. ;) See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our church Christmas program is this sunday and I can't wait for it to be done either! The boys have lines and they've done well with memorizing them but I'll sure be glad when all the practicing is done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JsSteph7 - I have my own deep fryer filled with heart healthy Canola oil.  I didn't add any salt to anything.  Used MRS DASH for the meat seasoning.  Hopefully, that's a healthy-ier version than Santana's!  

    ReplyDelete
  4. @aSeriesofFortunateEvents - Thankfully we don't have to memorize!  We're doing a readers style play.  But for a smaller church, it's a pretty big production.  Also thankfully, we don't have scenery to make like they did in previous years! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. @betheelou - Our only scenery is a chair in two scenes and a manger in one, thankfully not too much. We are fairly small too so a couple of the boys have two parts. Oliver, is going to be Jesus at age 2. I'm going to have to give Mary some candy to placate him! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like life is full of adventures as usual. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures were great, thanks for sharing.  I absolutely love the Daughters of Promise series.  Do you have a kindle?    I found a lot of the Amish books for free or under $3.  I find the kindle easier to read than the books themselves. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. @oldfatgramma - No I don't have a kindle.  I am an old fashioned person.  I prefer real books.  I'm glad you enjoy yours.  Are reading large print books? 

    ReplyDelete
  9. @betheelou - No but having the light makes reading easier.  I always liked books better but now that I can get them for free or very cheap, without even going to the library and waiting forever for them, I may have changed my mind

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your posts so much details.....Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete