Friday, February 22, 2013

Victory


I'm a huge mess.  I've done a lot of crying and praying.  Seems like an endless cycle the last few days.  I wish I had more faith.  More strength.  More hope.  Just more.

I went to church on Wednesday night and this song touched my heart.  I sobbed through most all of it as the church sang it.

I heard an old, old story,
How a Savior came from glory,
How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood's atoning,
Then I repented of my sins;
And won the victory.

CHORUS*

O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him,
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.


I heard about His healing,
Of His cleansing power revealing.
How He made the lame to walk again
And caused the blind to see;
And then I cried, "Dear Jesus,
Come and heal my broken spirit,"
And somehow Jesus came and brought
To me the victory.

CHORUS*

I heard about a mansion
He has built for me in glory.
And I heard about the streets of gold
Beyond the crystal sea;
About the angels singing,
And the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I'll sing up there
The song of victory.

CHORUS*

I have a Great and Mighty God.  I know in the end he will perform a work in me. . .and then I will know why I needed to go through this. . .valley.

Philippians 1:6   "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
"
 
I do have a time to report to the hospital for my surgery. . .7:00 a.m.  Monday the 25th.

Please be praying for my family and I.



21 comments:

  1. That song is one of my most very favorites, and it is so victorious, so faith-filled.  You should sing it as you go into surgery, make all the nurses and doctors think you're crazy.I love you sweet sister.  ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a beautiful song.praying... isaiah. 55:12-13 that your Saviour and Creator speaks words of comfort and rest to your heart and healing to your body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will all be with you in prayers as you into surgery. You are loved so much Bethie! Wished I was there to hold you and comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will keep you in my thoughts on Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My prayers are with you all. I love you and understand what your going through!!!!!!! You have prayed for me as I am going through my cancer so now its my turn with you. my love and prayers are with you.    Anna Houston

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great old hymn. I agree with Eli....that should be your "heart song" as you go into surgery. To quote another great old hymn, "Some through great trials, but God gives a song." As far as "wishing for more....", that's what all of this is about. The things we cannot control, are the things that make us Stronger, build our Faith and fill us with Hope. I love you. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom-in-law is a wise woman.  Listen to her.And, yes, crazy like your sister if that's what it takes!!  Since I can't be there with you I'll sing that song all day on Monday.  Just know that I am.  ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. one of my favorite songs."i heard about His healing..." and praying He SHOWS you His healing!big tight hug, beth!i'll be thinking of you monday morning friend~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I shall keep you and your family in my thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Beth,  We will keep you in prayer; you are trusting in the right Person here....Love,AlaskaJuengersinVirginia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear sweet Beth, who knew that it would be me that would TOTALLY understand what fears, questions, frustrations (in the waiting), and the knot in the pit of your stomach that you are now faced with. Immersed in. Drowning in. And yet the absolute peace in the midst of this storm that we lean on...together. Know that you are not alone in this, though sometimes it feels that way. I am reminded of a song you and your husband used to sing as a special at church...."We Have An Anchor"~ "Will your anchor hold in the storms of life, when the clouds unfold their wings of strife? When the strong tides lift, and the cables strain, Will your anchor drift, or firm remain? We have an anchor that keeps the soul Steadfast and sure while the billows roll, Fastened to the Rock which cannot move, Grounded firm and deep in the Saviour's love."~ I love you, my friend. Our family's prayers will be lifted on your behalf. Remember to hold fast to our precious Anchor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Emiliesposts - @youngereachday - @Hutch5 - @buana - @DonnaLedford - @Anna Houston - @slmret - @oldfatgramma - @victoriantomboy - @down_onthefarm - @TrentTribe - @herdaddysgirl - @lifeontheWink -   Thank you so much for the prayers and encouragement!  It means the world to me.  Trusting in my Saviour.  I know he knows what is best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just now getting caught up! Oh hon! My prayers and thoughts are with you! I'm praying hard for you, sweet friend!  (((((warm hugs))))) So glad I saw this. I will be praying for you tomorrow and will continue to pray hard until you update. Love and blessings and many prayers, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. prayed for you early this morning.. continue to think of you throughout the day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Still praying hard for you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete