Sunday, January 5, 2014

All Worth While

This was in my email inbox this morning.  I had tears in my eyes as I read it.  After a discouraging weekend in my personal life, this was a pick me up!  It helps me to know that the Savior I serve lets me be a blessing to others even if I don't know how strongly I affect them.  Wonderful.  Thank You Natalie for this encouragement.

Dear Beth,

I just wanted to take the time to say thank you for what you meant to me when you lived here in Kodiak.  I was just reminiscing about you after having read your Christmas letter.  You did so much to help me through my first pregnancy with Cason.  You let me come over even when I had to stay off my feet, you made me maternity culottes, and nursing dresses, you allowed me to come over and relax while you just held the baby.  You might not have realized then what a huge impact that had on me.  I might not have realized it either and thanked you properly, but having had three children (and lost three children) and going through different experiences in my life I look back and treasure your welcoming spirit, your bright smile, and your gracious hospitality.  I enjoyed working with your family singing, and still think of Sully when I hear “In the highway and the hedges”.  It is hard to believe that my Cason is now older than your Sully was when you lived here.  I know you have many churches and church families across America as you transfer often and I am sure you have some special memories of each one.  Our ladies that have been here long enough to remember still talk about your tea party with us.  I know you were a great help to Maggie and I know you probably enjoyed every minute of it.  You were always a baby magnet.  I just really appreciated you and being able to hand Cason off to someone when I needed to play piano, or just needed a break.  I know it is long overdue, but I just wanted to tell you thanks, and to thank you for all the memories I have of your family.  I never got the hand of your weird lighting system in that house, or how the tub became the dividing factor in two bathrooms.  I remember house sitting for you guys and watching Banjo and kitty.  I remember fires in the fire pit outside by the lake.  You were such an asset to the church during that time, and now as we have been here for 8 ½ years it is amazing to see the changes as we look back.  Kaylee and Aaron have gone from teens to parents, and David has a girl on the line soon to be his bride.  I was reading in a devotion book and thought of you when it said to think of an “older” women who has ministered to you as the Titus 2 women.  I just thought I’d write you a note and say thanks.  May the Lord continue to bless you as you serve Him there at your church in California. 

With fond memories, (in Kodiak)
Natalie Stafford 


 " A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. "
John 13:34-35 

    And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Colossians 3:17
  
 

4 comments:

  1. That's neat, Beth did a lot to help me when i knew her. She would babysit my young ones so i could go out and was a good example to me. This was when were in Oshkosh. Thanks, Beth
    Renee Knutson

    ReplyDelete
  2. shes been a blessing in TN as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have been a beneficiary of Beth's baby holding arms and wonderful hospitality! Beth, there are more babies up here in Bremerton that you haven't met and that you'd be most welcome to hold!! (hint, hint, I know you come up this way on occasion!) Love you bunches and miss you tons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is precious! to touch another's life is all that matters-

    I've missed you :)) just wanted to say, hi!!

    Happy new year!! xo

    ReplyDelete