Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Harvest Moon and Harvesting



 The sky was so pretty last night.  Big puffy thunderclouds with the sunset reflecting off of them.  The Harvest Moon was just coming up and so pretty.  I was too late to catch its pretty color.



And speaking of harvest, I pulled out vegetables on Saturday.  My helpers (I had four helpers!)  and I pulled out all the Carrots, Parsnips and Beets.  I hand cut all the Carrots and Parsnips and put them into quart freezer bags to freeze.  I hand peeled and sliced the beets as well.  I was able to get about 9 quarts of carrots, 5 quarts of parsnips and 13 quarts of pickled beets.


This is Julianna, she assured me profusly, that she "knew how" to use that big knife.  She was scary in her knowledge.
 

 This is a good shot of much of the harvest from the garden.  There are spaghetti squashes, oversize zucchini, pumpkins and that big green squash guy hanging out.



These are the pickled beets.  I'd never canned them before.  They are sure pretty in the jars.
 


What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment