Saturday, August 23, 2008

Decorating

 Here are the promised pictures of more decorating.  I was able to use wall space to put shelves up in this house and display a couple collections I have, Chickens and Tins.  I don't what my decorating style is.  I love country victorian~ lace doilies, antique furniture and such.  Over the years, things have pretty much stayed the same in my house.  The pictures in the reading room are the same ones that have been up for 15 years.  I guess keeping some of the same "things" makes our home seem familiar each time we move. 

Family Room

blog2 001

blog2 004

blog2 003

Looking at the office/schoolroom.  Just behind the round table to the left, is where I hope to find a little school desk for #2 son.  The blank wall space in that area will have the alphabet posted and maybe a dry erase board.

blog2 006

Reading Room~  Still missing from this space, cozy reading chairs.

blog2 007

Dining Room~  Organized nic nac shelves in the background.

blog2 008

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Your reading room will be somewhat like a parlor for guests?  I'm guessing it's on the main level and the family room is downstairs.  I miss my sister!!  When I look at your home and the things that you've had forever and your decorating "style", I can imagine what your home smells like and the atmosphere it always possesses no matter what house you live in.  I guess I'll just have to pour over the pictures some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @onehappymomma - Yes, this is a sitting area for guests, when we have them.  It will also be a quiet room for reading, soft music and quiet times when there is a guy movie on or war games happening on the computer.  I'd like to have two swivel, rocker recliners for this room either in leather or a soft suede fabric.  This room is on the main floor.  The family room/office is on the same level with the garage.  As for smells...lets see, I have a pumpkin spice candle burning on the piano.  There is an eucalyptus swag hanging in the entryway.  The family room has a cranberry plug in air freshener near the bathroom.  And it smells like tomorrows dinner, spaghetti. (it's in the crock pot.)  I am also making your coconut cake for dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I started another comment, but don't know what happened to it. I'll try again. I love what you've done to the house. It's great to see you display all your wonderful collections. They really add to the homey atmosphere. The place looks great!I expect you to share these pictures on the Corder and Ledford sites, too!Love you all,MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE what you have done with the place! Like everyone else has said, it looks so inviting and "homey"! There is nothing more welcoming than a happy, sweet, well taken care of home that BEGS for people to congregate! And that is just what you've got!Two things, your furniture (couches) are sooo fabulous! I love the arm rests on them and they are the most perfect neutral color to go with everything! and GREAT use of shelving!! I have never really had any type of "collectibles" because I never know how to display them, Maybe you will be my inspiration to start displaying my "salt and pepper shaker collection"!

    ReplyDelete