Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday

Thoughts about this week~

It was a productive week.  A little bit more things on the walls, my house is clean.  What more could I want?  Nothing!

Being on our remote, rural island in Alaska for two years, there were things we dearly missed.  One being FRESH, Fresh, fresh, RIPE, summer watermelon.  We bought one yesterday from a man who was selling them out of the back of his truck.  On the way home, we stopped and bought some sweet corn from a green grocer.  It made a fantastic dinner, just those two items alone.  Delicious!!

blog3

We're trying another church on Sunday and have invited our new friends (the ones we met at church three weeks ago) to attend with us and have dinner over here afterward.  I'll try to take pictures of them to post.  I am kind of excited, our first friends in the area!  Not sure what I will be serving for lunch that day.

I'll be taking more pictures of the house tomorrow so you can see more decorations.

 

1 comment:

  1. New friends already?!? How exciting!! That watermelon looks so yummy, I can almost taste it. . .

    ReplyDelete