Monday, August 18, 2008

Productive Weekend

I guess you could say we spent a productive weekend around the house.  I done unpacking boxes!  I did the last three last night as I displayed my collections of tins.   (pictures to follow!)  I still have a bit more tweaking to do on some decorating.  I have to get more phone cable for the office area in the family room and work on that later today as well.  The men worked on vehicles trying to get them in shape for the state inspections.

Saturday we went to one of our favorite places, South Mountain Reservation and explored some more of an area we noticed on a map.  The goal of the day was to retrace a drive we did while staying in the hotel.  We were in search of a quaint farm stand where we had purchased some amazing tasting sweet corn.  South Mountain Reservation still needs more exploring.  There is a beautiful waterfall area to hike to, we haven't got to do that yet.  We did find our little farm stand.  It wasn't in the location we seemed to remember, but now we know where it is!

S

I wonder what this sign said.  Must not have been important!

S

S

 

S

Heirloom tomatoes and white sweet corn.  Not pictured~ juicy, sweet delicious Musk melon.

We tried another church yesterday.  This one we heard about through word of mouth as being a 'great' church that was closer to where we live.  It was a Community Bible church, using the KJV.  Interesting.  They have a Christian school and meet in an old school building.  They are praying for revival and had no invitation at the end of the service.  There are still about three more on the my list.  Be praying we find one closer to home where we can be active in services.

2 comments:

  1. How interesting that the tree grows over the sign in that way!Glad you found the corn.  Do the four of you really eat ten ears of corn in one sitting?  The tomatoes look lovely.  Not sure what musk melon is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are settling in quite nicely! I can picture it all in my head (the whole moving expereince) since it was not too long ago for us. Sometimes I still feel like we are not all the way caught up! I'll be praying the Lord's guidance in the church search!!

    ReplyDelete