Monday, August 15, 2011

~~It's Monday!!~~

 

(I loved this airport in Charlotte, North Carolina.  The little breezeways were filled with rocking chairs.  They were full of content, happy people too!)

(trying on Momma's colored lip balm on the plane!)

Outside my window~  It rained all day yesterday!  We had so much rain there are flood warnings all across the state.  I can hear my tomatoes singing!  The grass is happy as well.


(brothers ship the U.S.C.G.C. Decisive)


I am Thankful~  Thankful that my oldest son and his bride are so happy.  They went through their ceremony and didn't change their minds!

(standing at the door of their first place!)

(on the balcony of their apartment.)

I am Thinking~  I am trying not to think about anything the next couple of days.  Just trying to get plenty of rest and relaxation.

(getting ready to sample some catfish and baked sweet potato.  It was Yummy!)


From the learning room~  I am thinking. . .kinda. . . of ordering curriculum.  My student needs to practice his piano as well.  I've not made him practice too much.


From the kitchen~  I bought Chinese food Saturday afternoon after returning from taking my manly man to the airport. ( He was flying to Dallas, Texas for a work related conference.)  Now I have two containers of cooked white rice to use up.  I am thinking of making hamburger gravy to go with the rice.  It is going to be another rainy day today, a good day to have comfort food like rice and gravy!

(the Daddy's)

I am Wearing~  Still wearing my manicure that I got with the bride's family on Thursday morning.  It is still holding up pretty well.  It had been YEARS since I had a professional manicure!





I am Creating~  I am not creating this week or even 'thinking' about creating.  I am taking a break.  I was privileged to be able create the bride's hairstyle and make-up.  I think I did a fantastic job. 

(She'll kill me for making this public . . . but we said she looked like 'Darth Maul' from Star Wars




I also used my creative abilities to try to 'fix' the bride's dress as it DID NOT FIT after she tried it on.  (it had been many months since her last try on with her dress. . .)  Oh my, talk about an upset bride.  But I was able to sew 21, satin covered buttons up the back of the dress, sew an extra hook and eye. . . then we fastened the top back of the dress with satin ribbon, like a corset and . . . IT WORKED!!

(You can't see all the stuff I did in this picture, except the extra buttons)
 

Upcoming Events~  We're going camping!  Yes, my manly man comes home Thursday round noon.  We'll hook up the trailer and head to south Jersey to camp near the spot we went to last time.  We'll be taking the 'TOY' and doing a 4X4 adventure and fishing, of course!  We'll be home late Sunday afternoon.



I am Reading/Watching~  We're still watching Road to Avonlea, Emily of New Moon and Pie in the Sky.
"Watch it don't rain with your nose in the air like that.  you might drown."  -Felix King




(I think we're laughing at my ugly shoes!!)

I am Praying~  Praying for far away family, for growing children, for the newly marrieds as they drive home to Mississippi tomorrow, (May the Lord keep them safe,) For wisdom. . . 

What are you praying for?


(The brides' mother, Kim-the matron of honor, Cori- and Cori's daughter, Mackenzie, the flower girl)


(the best man, Chase- and the groomsman, my #2 son)

I am Hearing~  Crows in the trees out back.  Traffic out front.  A cooking show on t.v. still quiet, #2 son is still sleeping!








Around the House~  I like to leave for trips with a clean house, so that it is clean upon the return.  My house looks pretty good.  The laundry from the trip is done AND put away.  I don't have to do too much shopping for camping groceries.  I may take a long bath, burn a scented candle today and listen to Anne Murray and Neil Diamond on my CD player!


(swimming in the Gulf of Mexico in Gulf Shores, Alabama)

My Favorite Things~ 



Something to Share~  A recipe and a bible verse

Luke 10:27

"And he answering said,  Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself."

Four-Cheese Baked Ziti Recipe

Four Cheese Baked Ziti

Ingredients

  • 1 package (16 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
  • 2 cartons (10 ounces each) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
  • 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
  • 1-3/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions

  • Cook ziti according to package directions; drain and return to the pan. Stir in Alfredo sauce and sour cream. Spoon half into a lightly greased 3-qt. baking dish.
  • In a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese and parsley; spread over pasta. Top with remaining pasta mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
  • Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings

10 comments:

  1. I really liked Gulf shores when we went. The boys were LITTLE!Just curious......how many states have you traveled this year????GREAT JOB on the dress!!!! And the  hair! I did Lexi's last weekend for a thing they were attending. Its fun to do the hair and makeup thing, after not having a girl to raise and do it with all the time.Sounds like a good laid back day. Enjoy the trip when he gets home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @victoriantomboy - My only problem with her hair was that it was sooo humid, no matter how much mouse and spray she got, it went flat quickly.Lots of states. . .most of the east coast really with that trip we did to Maryland in May, Tennesee in July and the wedding.   About 12 altogether.  3 new states I'd never been to before, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.Thinking about you today.  XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. @betheelou - and there aint no way of fighting that humidity. Its still turned out really really good!Was doing my nails a few minutes ago and was thinking how fun it would be to go our our nails done together!Love you lots Betheelou!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw... you have a daughter now!  :)  Congrats to all!  Everyone looks so beautiful!  Everyone.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a absoultely beautiful post!!!! <3 Very beautifully written and well put together! <3 ... Hugs and Love... Yes I am back around on xanga :)  Hoping to regain all my friends <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ms_BeautyExpert - Wow. . .long time girl!  Usually when they leave xanga, they  never come back.  Thanks for your sweet comment.  Looking forward to seeing you post more often and seeing how the Lord grows you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Beth... :) .. Yea.. You'll see on my post if ya catch up **i HAVE A Couple days worth of post... ** I was ordered to "Journal" lol But Xanga is a more fun way to journal... So that's my biggest reason I'm back.. Plus I miss all my beautiful supportive encouraging friends like you... and I always look fw to comments to my post to see responses to what I write! MUCH LOVE AND HUGS!!! It feels so good to be back! ... I think I forgot how to operate my xanga tho.. I can post and check other ppls page and respond... BUT OMG.. I tried to attach pics to my post... and :( it would'nt let me ! And linking the blogring when I did the challenge it would'nt let me either! ... So kinda fustrated I forgot it all.. lol :) Hugs!! TTYS... Check out my latest post and comment... I am gonna do one for today too in a lil bit.. :)  ~ Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post.  Enjoy so down time!!  Great idea/job on the wedding dress!!!  What a beautiful wedding.  Love the cake pic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bride... beautiful wedding! It looks like everyone had a lovely time. *Sigh* They grow up too fast! 

    ReplyDelete