Monday, November 14, 2011

Friday Family Date Day



On Friday, we dressed up to go on a family date.  Thank you to my dear husband who has faithfully served in the United States Coast Guard for 24 years now.  I appreciate his dedication to this duty.  Thank you to all our Veterans, past and present, for all you do, and have done, for the United States of America.




This is us all gussied up to head to the 'mall'  we wanted to walk through some stores, people watch, eat mall food, and watch a movie.



This is an interesting take on a movie theater.  The first thing I thought when I saw this counter was "This is what the Baptist preacher has always preached about when going to the movie theater!"

I didn't care for this type of theater.  You could order food and it had assigned seats.  So I heard people arguing over seat assignments and bad food   Just what I don't want to hear on a relaxing afternoon.


(that is a full service alcoholic bar)

A visit to the Lego store to purchase an advent calender.  Now it is displayed on the buffet. . .hey Liz, does it count as a Christmas decoration?


That's my guys.  We sat in the very front row to see the 3D version of PUSS IN BOOTS.  It was waaayy too close to sit for a 3D movie.  It was a fun movie.  I liked the Spanish sound of the soundtrack.  But I came away with a headache from sitting too close.

In his 3D glasses, waiting for the show to start.

We had a great day, being together.  On the way home we stopped at Sonic and got vanilla malts with whipped cream and a cherry on top.  I think our #2 son sighed with pleasure all the way home while sipping his vanilla malt! 


(I didn't take pictures of our food this day.  So this is a picture of a chocolate malt from the internet!)



3 comments:

  1. looked like a very fun family day!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for family dates and our men in service!! not hooray for sitting too close at the movie though..i did htat once, so i feel your pain. :/

    ReplyDelete