Thursday, November 17, 2011

~~It's Thursday!~~

 

B

~FOR TODAY~

 

Outside my window. . .  Outside my window, it is cool today.  Somewhere in the state of New Jersey, someone will see snow flakes by the end of the day.  I am hoping it is not us.  I read my sister's post yesterday, about expecting snow in the northwest.  I heard today, some areas recieved three inches of snow. 

 Welcome Winter. . .

I am thinking. . .  I am thinking that it's nice to be in a warm house surrounded by the things I cherish, to have kisses and hugs from two guys who like me!

I am thankful. . .  I am always thankful for what the Lord provides. . .and he does.  He provides over and above and abundantly to me.  I am thankful for how I have grown spiritually in what I believe over the last few years.  I am thankful for answers to prayer.

clip art


Psalms 119:130  

"The entrance of thy words giveth light;

it giveth understanding unto the simple. "



From the learning room . .  .  In the home school room, we are plugging along.  This week has progressed nicely.  Tomorrow is test day.  I think we are going to go to Barnes and Noble to do our schoolwork, have an iced tea, and browse the magazine section as areward for week well done.  

From the kitchen . . .  Tonight- baked chicken breasts topped with parmesean and artichoke, rice a roni and broccoli with dinner salads. 

Tomorrow- shredded chicken taco's

Saturday-  (Breakfast- An early eating day with Bachelor David)
French Toast, bacon, patty sausage, fried potatoes,cheesey scrambled eggs

Sunday-  Company's coming!  Meatloaf and Macaroni and cheese by special request, peas and carrots, fruit salad, dinner rolls, cherry cheesecake for dessert.

I am wearing . . .  I am wearing jeans and 3/4 length orange tee shirt with white tennis shoes.
 
I am creating . . .  Camper curtains 75% completed.  I am trying to finish those before I start the Christmas basket.  (Christmas baskets are much more fun to assemble!)  Maybe this afternoon I'll make headway on my projects.

*Future Project List:

* Christmas Pictures Printed

*Christmas letter written and printed

*Christmas Mailing to complete

*Christmas Photos for the Grandma's on a thumb drive

* a few more gift to assemble and send to Mississippi, cleaning out my craft tubs!

*Still want to complete that photo album project! 

I am reading/ watching . . .  I continue with the second book in the series about the Gray Whale Inn.  It is a more mature series.  The main character has a boyfriend and they drink alcohol. 

logo_greywhale  

We stopped watching the Murdoch Mysteries as a family.  We'll save those for the more mature audience here at home as they have gone to talking about pregnancy out of wedlock and same sex relationships!  Did all those kind of things really happen. . .all the time. . .in olden days or is just Hollywood making it appear to be so to make it more acceptable now?!   

250px-Murdoch_Mysteries

 ((If you watch these shows or read the books because of my recommendations, don't shoot me if you find they are not right for you!))

indy

So. . . we found a new series to watch called The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.  We watched a couple of those and then one episode came on that dealt with ART, the world of painters and nude pictures of the impressionist artists of the early 1900's.  The episodes prior to that one, were great. 

young indy



I am praying . . .  Praying for the desires of mey heart concerning a our move.  Praying for my married children,  for the Lord to give them wisdom and peace.  Praying for me.  Praying for my husband.  Praying for far away family.

I am hearing . . .  I am hearing a quiet house.  I have forgotten to put soothing music on this moring.  I hear the protable heater.  I hear a sturdent working math problems.

Around the house . . .  The house is presentable.  I vacuumed yesterday.  Emptied the trash cans today.   Baby Anastasia comes over today to play with Aunt Beth. 

004

I told her Daddy we were having a mani-pedi, make-up and hair day.  (She is only 15 months old remember.)  Her Daddy didn't like that idea.  Thought I'd be corrupting her.     (where would he get that idea?)

holiday_v2_CS_NS_3D

holiday_v2_Holiday_3D_CCL


One of my favorite things . . .  I am loving all things about hot tea.  We had tea yesterday around two o' clock with little cookies and everything.  It was soo fun that Daddy had tea as well.  Celestial Seasonings has a wonderful holiday line out.  I think I bought every flavor and have tried two.  I love the Nutcracker Sweet! 


Jan 10 001
A few plans for the rest of the week:  Bachelor David Saturday morning. 

helpmate

I am attending a book signing on Saturday.  My neighbor has written a book!  I've never been to a book signing before.  She is hosting it in her home.  I admire her spririt.  She had a idea and a goal, and she completed them!  I am thanking God for her public testimoney of being a follower of Christ. 

Something to share . . .

I am sharing a recipe from the back of the book I am reading.  Enjoy!

blueberry-coffee-cake

 

WICKED BLUEBERRY COFFEECAKE

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1 cup sour cream or vanilla yogurt
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour

Cream 1/2 cup of butter and sugar. Add next five ingredients. Add 2 cups of flour and sour cream (or yogurt) alternately to egg mixture, mixing with a spoon. Fold in blueberries. Pour mixture into greased 9”x13” baking pan. In a separate bowl, cream brown sugar and remaining butter. Add flour to get a semi-dry mixture. Spread on top of batter. Bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes.

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Girl, you're makin' me hungry! And I JUST ATE!  If I use frozen blueberries for that coffee cake, should I defrost and drain them, or put them in frozen?  Rice-a-Roni....YUM! I haven't had that in YEARS!  Your little niece is absolutely aDORable! I hope the mani-pedi goes well. I love that kind of time with my little grandgirls, especially the younger one who will be 4 in Feb. As soon as she walks in she goes "Can you paint my nails?" real sweet like. If I don't drop what I'm doing, she'll get a little more determined. Hmmm, she reminds me of another family member! (Not me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Richgem - One of her other recipes said either fresh or frozen.  I don't defrost my frozen ones at all, just plunk them in!

    ReplyDelete
  3.          That cake looks absolutely delicious. It's going on the must try recipe list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dessert looks wonderful! AND your menu's always make me hungry! I was wondering, where do you get your ideas for your Christmas baskets? I'm thinking I'd like to do that for my secret sister at church and maybe a few others.  Also, last year you mentioned something about a relaxing Chirstmas CD, if you remember...let me know what it is and where you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @floridayankees - My MIL made my first basket for me 21 years ago.  I just keep replacing lights in it.  I think it will be on light set #5. I've made many of those baskets over the years.  I just love them and keep mine up all year long.  I have noticed lights are not made like they used to be and tend to burn out fast. As for the music, I have two put out by "Lifescapes" holiday Cd's.  One is titled Christmas Stress Relief the other is Quiet Christmas Piano.  Lifescapes is typically the company that has those push-button displays at Target, Wal Mart and Bed,Bath Beyond.  I love most of the music on those push-button thingies.  They should already have Christmas music displayed.  At my Target, the display is on an end cap near the card section.If you don't have any of his music, David  Nevue (www.davidnevue.com) has WONDERFUL piano music.So glad you are back to posting!Say 'hi' to tonsil-less girl for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @betheelou - thanks and I will tell the tonsil-less girl you said hi !

    ReplyDelete