Thursday, January 12, 2012

~~It's Thursday!~~


Outside my window...  Outside my window, a good batch of rain came through last night.  It's gray and cloudy outside.  It will be getting colder with a chance of snow tomorrow.
 

I am thinking... I am still thinking about the same things as last week.  I am excited to move.  I love looking at Craigslist for houses.  I love day-dreaming about decorating.
(my husband likes this quilt.  I'd make a lime-green bed skirt.)
 
( I love the fushia colors in this one)



   
  
 

I think we are going next Wednesday to look at this truck in Hartford, Connecticut.)


I am thankful... I am thankful the Lord continues to show his TOUCH on our lives.  My husband communicated with his new boss in San Diego this week.  The boss asked "How soon can you get here?"  He discussed a bit about what my husbands job will be a type of Customs, Border Patrol, and Maritime Enforcement.  My husband is very excited.  The job will be busy and exciting for him.  We are still waiting for decisions to be made by my husbands current boss as to who his replacement will be.
 
From the Leaning Room . . .We are only doing piano practice and quizzes on spelling words.  Next week will be much the same. . .

In the kitchen...  Smoked Turkey Sandwiches, maybe.  I'm taking a bit of a break today.

I am wearing...It's almost 11 and I am still in my robe.  I'm taking it easy.  I may take a bath later and put on clean pajama's.
 
I am creating...  Lists. . .  I actually started a oraganizing cleaning list that I will type and post on my fridge later.  It is a cleaning/organizing list to get ready for the move.
  • photo's
  • photo albums
  • camper curtains Round II
  • My Bachelor's degree studies to resume
  • Cleaning
  • Organizing
  • Trip planning
  • House hunting
  • etc...
  • etc...
I am reading/watching...
I bought several books at the thrift store the other day.  Haven't started them yet.book cover of The Healer  (O'Malley, book 5)byDee Henderson
Dee Henderson is okay. . .she writes more like Harlequin Romance.  But they are an entertaining read.
 
Cover of Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet by M.C. Beaton
I am reading this book about a middle aged, divorced, matronly lady who stumbles into murder mysteries.



Crusoe, based on the book, Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe.  Such a good action adventure story.  We are looking forward to the next episode!

I found a game that makes me feel extremely stupid.  I bought it from the thrift store for $2.95.  It's been very educational for ME!

((""Huggermugger" is a trivia-type game with an emphasis upon english vocabulary. Players move their pieces around the board and answer questions about spelling or word definitions. Certain places on the board allow players to uncover one of the letters in the "mystery word." Determine the "mystery word" to win the game."))

  I am praying...  I am still praying for the Lord to prepare the way for our move.  HE is so good to give us little glimses of HIS goodness in doing that for us!  Praying for our far away family.  For health and safety and the Lord's blessing on them!

Around the house... I've got a load of towels in the dryer.  Banjo's towels are in the washer.  I've got to strip out the guest bed and wash sheets for my next guest, my niece, Joy.



  One of my favorite things...  I love cheese flavored popcorn.
 
My #2 son associates cheese popcorn with staying in hotels.  He gets confused if I purchase some to bring HOME!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
House vacuuming, toilet cleaning, bed making, menu planning, grocery shopping, Bachelor David Sunday afternoon. 

  Something to Share. . .  I am sharing our pictures of our few days with cousin Chantel.  She was a great guest, a pleasure to have in our home.



On the 'free' Staten Island Ferry.


 

Lady Liberty from the 'free' ferry!

 


Trinity Church, New York City


Trinity Church



This is the new building being built at the World Trade Centers sight.  It's come a long way since I saw it in October 2010.


Waiting for the subway.


Grand Central Station Clock.

Making our way to the top of the Empire State Building. 

What an amazing view.  So beautiful at night!




Time Square in the distance.


Crysler Building.



Playing games.



Sandy Hook, NJ



Sandy Hook Beach, NJ






That's All!

Have a great weekend friends!


8 comments:

  1. you sure get aroundI am a homebody and have no desire to travel but I really enjoy your photos of the places you gowhen my husband was a Marine,  we were station just north of San Diego,  it is a beautiful area with wonderful weather.  I think you all will love it there

    ReplyDelete
  2. @frathousecook - We've lived in San Diego before.  We were there for 3 1/2 years and we LOVED it.  That's why we wanted to go back.Right now we are in a suburb of New Jersey just outside NYC.  When we have guests, it's easy for us to drive, or ride the train into the city to see the sights.  I'd much prefer being somewhere I can feed the chickens and hike the fence line.  Not sure when/ if that will ever happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post.  I love the little peeks into your life you give us on Thurs.  Love the pictures of NYC.  Only been there once, a very long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all the decorating ideas!!  You are going to have so much fun decorating a new home   I have our new bed set waiting for me at home.  When Joshy get out I will get busy decorating our bedroom.Looks like a wonderful time in NYC. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your NYC pictures! So pretty, I loved NYC at night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your pictures! Looks so wonderful... praying for you move and so excited foryou!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The NY pics are awesome!  I love the cheese popcorn too!  yummy!  :)  Thanks for the well-wishes on our sweet baby boy.  And I love your commment about being a "homebody".  I never thought of it that way but it is so true!  :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that quilt looks so bright and cheerful!! LOVE IT!WONDERFUL snapshots. Wished I was there.

    ReplyDelete