Thursday, August 30, 2012

~It's Thursday!~


Outside my window...  88 degrees is the forecast high for today.  Right now it's 83 and feels pretty humid.  I sat on my spot on the patio last night watching a good thunder and lightening show right above my head.

I am thinking...  I am thinking that I'm glad I got some things crossed off my to do list.  I am thinking I'd like to see the cooler days of last week come back.

I am thankful...  I am always thankful for the provision of God for me.  I am thankful for God's word.  For the inspiration and comfort I find there. 

  2 Timothy 1:7   For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and
of a
sound mind.
 


In the kitchen...  Not too inspired today.  How many ways can you cook chicken?  When it's hot?  In the crock pot?

That recipe I posted several weeks ago for Cheesey Chicken and Rice was very good.

I need to go grocery shopping today.

I am wearing...  Khaki shorts and a brown tee shirt.  Pink toes and red sandals.  Uninspired hair to day as well.  My hair is at that in between length that I hate.  Too short to pull it all up.  Too hot to leave down.  Curly and dry.


I am creating...  I've got my dust ruffles started and in a closet right now.  I think I'll work on them this weekend.  I need to decorate #2 sons room.  I bought a handful of maps at an antique store that I want to put on his wall.  I may move his bed a bit since we're not expecting company anytime soon.  Still want to finish a couple bible studies.  I still need to finish a couple pictures I want to make to hang around the house.

I am going...  Grocery shopping, baby holding in no particular order.  Today.

I am praying...  Praying always for the desires of my heart.  Praying for peace and wisdom.  Praying for far away family.  Praying for my children and my husband.  Praying for a decision on which church to attend.

Thank you for those of you that prayed for me last week.  I've been having terrible female trouble.  Every month.  For almost a year.  This last week was the best I've been for a LONG time.  I am very thankful.  I KNOW I need to go to the Dr. . . I hate Dr.s appointments.  My insurance will not pay for any sort of alternative such as naturopath or chiropractic.  So I've been praying.  Thank you for praying for me.

I am reading/watching... Enjoying the Christian fiction I found at the library.  My little student and I have probably read 75 books total the last month.  I found an author that wrote a few books about some of the first women lawyers.  It was very good. I hope to find more by the same author.  Of course,  there is an earlier series about this heroine, my library does not carry!

James Scott Bell
A Greater Glory~ The Trials of Kit Shannon


We also watched a great movie on netflix (love my netflix!)
The Secret of Jonathan Sperry



From the learning rooms...  Curriculum purchased.  School supplies purchased.  An excited teacher.  I'm ready!!


Around the house...  Trash is out.  Dishes are done.  It's a bit dusty.  Dusting is not my favorite chore.  Looking forward to cooler weather so I can go out and do some yard work without having a stroke.


One of my favorite things...  My friends.  I've known these dear folks for over 22 years.  We had them over for dinner on Saturday.  We had surf and turf and those fantastic desserts I spoke of last week.

(Tony, Roxy, Paul and Tonya and baby Katherine too!)

(The food must be good.  They all stopped talking!)



(Can you see how blue her eyes are?)

(Someone. . .liked Aunt Beth's dessert. . .a lot!)

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Baby holding today.  Not sure what we're doing this weekend.  I keep hearing that my manly man will be working. . .I'm not really sure what I'd like to do! 

Something to Share...  A recipe!  This gal has some neat cookbooks out.
The Cake Mix Doctor

The cookbook I picked up last week is Chocolate.


I'm sharing a recipe from that cookbook.  I've yet to try it.  They all sound soo easy!

1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) plain German Chocolate Cake mix
1 container(15 oz.) prepared Coconut Pecan Frosting
1 C. water
1/3 C. oil
3 large eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly spray and flour a 12C. budnt pan.  Set aside.  Place cake mix, frosting, water, oil and eggs in large mixing bowl.  Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.  Scrape sides.  Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more.  The batter should look thick and well combined.  Pour batter into prepared pan.  Smooth our with rubber spatula. 

Bake cake until cake tests done, about 48-52 minutes.  Remove from oven.  Cool on wire rack 20 minutes.  Try to turn cake out onto a stand or plate.  Cool completely.  No need to frost this moist cake, just dust it with a bit of powdered sugar before serving.
The Million Dollar Cake :  wedding cake dallas American Betty Crocker Supermoist German Chocolate Cake Mix 622 P american-betty-crocker-supermoist-german-chocolate-cake-mix-622-p

Enjoy the long weekend. . .
Welcome Fall!!



5 comments:

  1. Your weather sounds a bit like ours! I'm loving it because before we know, it'll drop down to 50 and then I'll be shivering, and shivering hurts.   It looks like you're pretty much in the groove over there now. That's wonderful! Once upon a time, I hung maps in my red-haired boy's room...I LOVE maps and he did as well.  Your friend's baby is a DOLLY!  I think it's funny how you ask, How many ways can you make chicken?  I get in that predicament too. And my hubby doesn't like chicken, so I have to "disguise"it. You can throw it in the crockpot with enchilada sauce. Then later, heat up some tortillas (I use flour), have your grated cheese and salsa (and whatever else you like) ready, and just make up some soft tacos.  Some day, maybe we'll get back over to S.D. and I can finally meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy times with friend gathered!  :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are doing better.  Looks like you are thriving out there.     Will is working this weekend too; first at IMS then at Josh's. 

    ReplyDelete