- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- 6 large fresh basil leaves (if you don't have fresh, use 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 +1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pie crust, baked but not browned
- Cut tomatoes into slices.
- Place in colander and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon table salt. Allow to drain for ten minutes (can skip this step if you like).
- Arrange 1/2 of tomato slices in baked pie crust. Top with 1/2 of kosher salt, 1/2 of pepper, 1/2 of basil, 1/2 of vinegar, and 1/2 of cheese.
- Spread mayo over top of pie. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.