Outside my window... Sunny! It's going to be about 83 degrees today. It was warm at 7 a.m. yesterday and today as the clouds had already burned off.
I am thinking...Thinking about my to-do list~Dust ruffles, decorations, headboard, school books, piano lessons, Dr. appointments.
This would be the perfect color for the daybed in the office...so expensive!
This is okay...not as great as the previous one!
I am thankful...As always, I am so thankful for the provision of the Lord over and above what I could ask or think.
Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
In the kitchen... I think to night will be a 'catch what you can' night. I've got leftover chicken enchilada and leftover baked spaghetti. I may make a big green salad to go with those leftovers. We've been eating lots of grilled chicken and salads...summer food.
I am wearing...I am wearing denim shorts and an orange tee. I painted my toes a bright orange color yesterday. They look great with my new $16.00 sandals from Kohl's.
(my sandals are tan...)
I am going...I may go out to lunch tomorrow with my manly man. It is Coast Guard Appreciation Day tomorrow. He will be doing a golfing activity with the guys in the morning followed by lunch at this place . . .he invited me to join him.
I'm thinking that it would be a nice treat to eat here!
I am reading/watching...I NEED to get a library card. I need to get some books. Maybe this afternoon, I will get a chance to go and do that.
I'm watching Agatha Christie's Poirotfrom Netflicks. Love my Netflicks!!
(this actor did a fantastic job portraying Hercule Poirot)
I am praying...Praying for the desires of my heart, for my health, for our church search, for my testimony for far away family, for answered prayer.
I am looking forward to... I am looking forward to adventures over the weekend! (see below!)
From the learning rooms...
Around the house...It's clean! I did the floors on Monday along with the laundry. I've been keeping up with dishes and other household duties. I've got another pile of STUFF for the thrift store.
One of my favorite things...
A few plans for the rest of the week: Sewing projects? Window shopping at the antique mall? A trip to the beach? Picking out headboard materials? Trying a church?
(those are my sewing machines under that plastic)
Something to Share...RECIPES!
Cheesy Chicken Ranch Squares
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ pound Muenster cheese, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 8-ounce tubes crescent rolls
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, plus 1 yolk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine seasoning mix and chicken and stir to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high until shimmering. Add chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Unroll one of the tubes of crescent rolls into a buttered 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Firmly pinch together perforations and press the dough to fit bottom of the dish. Place layer of cheese over the dough to cover. With a slotted spoon, Spread the chicken over the dough and top with the spinach.
- In a medium bowl, beat 3 eggs, Parmesan cheese, and pepper, together until well blended. Pour this mixture over the spinach. Unroll the remaining dough and press into place on top of the spinach.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk together with the milk. Brush the top of the dough with the yolk mixture. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for another 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Thank You Hidden Valley Ranch for this recipe!
Easy Baked Chicken
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (Or use chicken thighs for a moister chicken!)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- To Marinate: Pour salad dressing into a large, resealable plastic bag. Add chicken breasts, seal bag and shake to coat. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight (the longer you marinate, the more taste the chicken will absorb).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove chicken from bag, discarding remaining marinade. Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Note: Turn chicken occasionally while baking.
*Also great grilled!
Easy Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces rotelle or spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2-1/2 cups assorted cut-up fresh vegetables (broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, cauliflower, onions and mushrooms chopped artichole hearts)
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 1 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- Combine all ingredients except Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing in large bowl. Add Dressing; toss well. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- NOTE: If preparing a day ahead, refrigerate, then stir in 1/4 cup additional Wish-Bone Dressing before serving.
For a Creamy Italian Pasta Salad, substitute 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise for 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing.
- Also terrific with Wish-Bone ® Robusto Italian, Fat Free! Italian, House Italian, Ranch, Light Ranch, Fat Free! Ranch, Creamy Caesar, Red Wine Vinaigrette or Fat Free! Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressings.
*I've also used cooked, chilled, thin spaghetti and used green onions, sliced olives, chopped tomato, and chopped fresh avocado. I call it Spaghetti Salad!
Thank You Wish Bone for this recipe!
Have a great weekend dear friends!