Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hello Tuesday!




Sorry for the same old-same old style of blog post, but this is the best thing for me right now.  Busy life.

Outside my window...
Has someone mentioned to the weather man that this is supposed to be spring?  Sunday it was 100 degrees.  Monday it was 102 degrees.  Today it's cooled down to 86 degrees.   And I picked these very hot days to do yard work in the front of the house.  Thankfully the next few days are promising to be much cooler.

I am thinking... 
I am thinking how thankful I am to be feeling so much better after my surgery!  I really am thankful the Lord heard our prayers for my health.  I'm loving my weight loss and am feeling so good. 

Thinking also about finishing the yard work.  When the bushes are trimmed and chipped up, I'd like to order a load of fine mulch for all three of the front flower beds and the area around the garden boxes.




I am thankful... 
Always grateful to the Lord for answered prayer.  Thankful for God's provision for my life.  Thankful for family, friends and a great church.

In the kitchen... 
We've been working out in the yard the last few days.  It has been in the mid eighties inside my house on those hot days.  Today my little man and I went to Soup Plantation for soup and salads.

I think I want to put together some easy freezer meals for those busy days.  Got to get my thinking cap on for some meals that don't heat up the kitchen.  Lots of different salads!

 I'll be putting on some oatmeal overnight in the crock pot.  Yummy breakfast with little work.


Throw 2 sliced apples, peeled and cored apples, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour 2 cups of oatmeal and 4 cups of water on top. Do NOT stir. Cook overnight for 8 – 9 hours on low.

I am wearing... 
I am wearing green shorts and a green flowered tank top with ruffles. 

I am creating... 
Just creating something in the front flower beds.  Pictures, of course!

(my herbs near the front door.)



(Star Jasmine at our front entry.  In the evenings, this smell enters my foyer.  It's a delicious, heavenly smell!)

(my little helper shaped these over growm bushes.  He had a blast!)


(this is the area we've worked the last two days.  Now we need to chip the trimmed bushes)

I am going...
Tomorrow is midweek services at church.  Friday I am going to the airport.  My husband returns after a week of training in Maryland and Our friends Chris, Sharon and baby Anastasia arrive that night as well.  They will be here for a long weekend visit.  We're planning on visiting Legoland, taking a 4X4 ride and visiting a museum and Old Town this weekend.

I am praying... 
Heavy on my heart~  Anna.  She needs all the prayers we can send her way.  Stop by her mothers blog and leave Anna a prayer, scripture verse or words of encouragement.  She is starting procedures to receive a bone marrow transplant, part of her treatment for her Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia.

(sweet Anna on the left being held by her Momma on the right.)

Praying for my granddaughter who is being formed.  She'll be here in September and our lives will be changed in a GREAT way!


I am reading/watching... 
I am between books at the moment.  We've been watching an assortment of movies and television shows on netflix.

Emergency!  (season 2) and  Foyle's War


I am looking forward to... 
I am really looking forward to having all that yard work completed.  The mulch will make weeding a breeze.  I am also looking forward to fresh tomatoes from my garden.  Shouldn't be too much longer to wait.

From the learning rooms... 
My student remains faithful to completing his assigned work.  He's been pretty good about long sessions of piano practice too.

Around the house... 
We are at a lull between company.  I need to vacuum all the dust bunnies before the next round of company comes.  All else looks pretty good.

A favorite quote for today... 

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.”
Mother Teresa

One of my favorite things...

Buttered popcorn and Cheese popcorn~ yum!

A peek into my days...




Enjoying bluegrass festival in Ramona, California.  The boys in the band are home schoolers.  I thought they were the best out of all!

The gal below caught my eye as soon as she arrived to do her show.  She looks like a character!!




At a Vietnam Reunion with our house guests the Hoffman's.  We ran into a friend of a friend and knew who he was by his name!  Hello- meet Ben.  Brother-in-law of my sweet friend Jess @jessandboyz!



(that's our houseguest with the vest, in the middle)

a boy dreaming of big boy toys. . .


My Mother's Day at the beach with my favorite girls.  Hot dogs, beans marshmallows.  What a great life!!


Tonya and Katherine

naps at the beach

Marshmallows!


~~Have a great week dear friends!~~

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are doing so much better since your surgery.  Love these posts        thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete