Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Random Thoughts

 

(Thanks onehappymomma for this idea )

 

Outside my Window...It is a beautiful fall afternoon.  The leaves are falling like rain.  The ground is covered with beautiful, colorful leaves.  My favorite colors are the deep reds and brilliant oranges... but I also am partial to the yellows!

BlogIIII 001

I am thinking...about the election results last night.  I find comfort in the verse:  

" If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

II Chronicles 7: 14 

From the school room...Today, and this week, a lot of review.  Today was review of colors we have learned.

I am thankful for...A whole LOT...My home, husband, children, salvation, church... and more!             

From the kitchen...Tonight will be hamburger gravy on cooked white rice and spiced green beans, maybe with a small green salad.

I am wearing...tan skirt with striped cream top, with long socks (planning on wearing my dress boots tonight at church.) 

I am reading...Mysteries.  I just finished one last night and will start another tonight.

I am hoping...there are many things I hope for ~ I'm praying about most of them.

I am creating... my blog...thinking about creating some watches (I'll have to post pictures of the watches soon)

I am hearing...the clothes dryer bang and clang.

Around the house... My bed is made.  Kitchen counters are clean.  There is a load of clean dishes in the dishwasher.  There are no rugs on the floor in the bathroom, (They are white and get dirty fast!)

One of my favorite things... laying in my bed with my mattress warmer turned on reading a good book and munching on homemade popcorn.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Tonight is the start of Missions Conference at our church.  It will be fun to see slide presentations and hear some great preaching the next three days. I am bringing food for the missionaries and our Pastors on Saturday morning: scrambled eggs and fried potatoes and Sunday: a GREAT big green salad.

I am sharing... more pictures of the view from my kitchen window.

BlogIIII 004

 

6 comments:

  1. I've taken comfort in the verses II Cor. 4:4-6 in light of the election results.  I'm glad you decided to do a post like this.  Aren't they fun?  By the way, when is Mom coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @onehappymomma - Mom leaves Portland Nov. 17 but doesn't get here until the afternoon of the 20th.  I have tickets for an off Broadway show 'Blue Man Group' and we plan on taking her to look at Christmas light in places like Rockefeller Center (sp?) and all the famous store Christmas windows.  Maybe we'll even get to do a carraige ride through Central Park.  We'll probably go to lunch near the World Trade Center sight.  Lots of things going on, too many to mention here.  Pray for my husbands mother and his father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth I love the view from your kitchen window!  I love the beautiful show of color in the fall and my favorite colors are the deep reds and oranges too.  Of course, it probably wouldn't be as beautiful without the yellow blended in.  Have you ever read the book called, "Captivating,"  by John & Stasi Eldredge?  Oh it's an awesome book, especially if you get the journal and answer all the questions as you read the book.  We took some ladies through the book and journal and let me tell you there was a lot of laughter, a lot of tears, a lot of soul searching and in the end a lot of victories.  Now mind you, as with all books, you have to take the meat and spit out the bones.  As you already know, you will be hard pressed to find a book that is completely doctrinally sound. (except for the Bible of course)  The one thing I didn't like about the book was her referencing certain movies that aren't appropriate to see because of their rating, but I'm assuming she rented them from Cleanfilms while they were still in business. (I really miss cleanfilms!) Anyway, thinking of the beautiful fall colors reminded me of something in the book, so I thought I'd tell you about it. If you lived near by I could just loan you mine, but not my journal....it's filled with my most personal, deepest sectrets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @deje34 - No I have never read that book.  I'll have to see if I can find one.  I'd let you borrow any of my books also... but not my prayer journal either!  I LOVE the fall colors here.  I rejoice in God's creation evereytime I look outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @betheelou - Me too.......God has given us so much beauty to look at and enjoy and for that I am so thankful!  I know what you're thinking.....what are you doing up at 2:25 a.m?  Can't sleep because of a headache.  Ugh!  It will not be easy to get up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey friend, love your view! The trees are about the same color out this way. It was a beautiful sunny day today. I miss you!!!!!Emily

    ReplyDelete