Friday, November 28, 2008

Sharing Thanksgiving

Thank Week2 001

We've had an amazing couple of days with my Mother here from Oregon.  She is glad she is able to share some of our Holiday traditions with us.

Thank Week2 002

 

Thank Week2 003

We had a great feast yesterday~ Smoked Turkey, Prime Rib, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Smoked Turkey Gravy, Cranberry Wild Rice Dressing, Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Creamed Peas with Onions, Cranberry Jello Salad, Coleslaw, Homemade dinner rolls, Veggie tray with dip, Turtle Pumpkin Pie, Peanut Butter Pie, Pecan Pie.

Thank Week2 005

Thank Week2 006

Of course, the ever watchful Banjo dog, looking to see if he is going to be able to help me clean up.

Thank Week2 004

I've enjoyed my second time around with left overs for lunch today.  It might have even tasted better than yesterday!  YUMMY!

My mother and I have enjoyed watching the entire series of Sarah, Plain & Tall, and Rigoletto movies as well.  It is enjoyable to watch girl movies with another girl!

 

 

5 comments:

  1. See, only Martha Stewart-y people set such beautiful tables and make such yummy food in abundance.  The turkey looks so yummy.  Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, your turkey looks beautiful!  Please tell me how you cooked it.  ~DJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do have a smoker.  Stacey probably used fruit-wood chips, apple or cherry.  We gave it a little coating of olive oil and put some Monterey Spice Seasonings on it.  We smoked it about 1 1/2 hours and then brought it inside to finish in the oven for about another 1 1/2 - 2 hours.  This was a great tasting turkey!  This is the third year we've done a smoked turkey.  The first year we cooked it entirely in the smoker.  The turkey was like jerkey~ yuk.  Last year he smoked it about an hour and it was good also, but something about the turkey this year was great!  Hope this helps DJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @betheelou - I've always wanted to try a smoked turkey,as an adult.  Apparently, I had it when I was young, but I don't remember what it tasted like. Your's looked beautiful with a nice dark color to it.....yum, I'm sure it was good! Growing up in the South we smoked a lot brisket.  Have you ever fried a turkey?  Oh man, it is so good and the juiciest turkey I've ever had.  We fry ours in peanut oil, so it is much healthier for you, than crisco or vegetable oil.  We haven't fried one in the last couple of years though, so I have a feeling we will be frying a turkey sometime soon.  Anyway, I would really like to get a smoker.  Maybe I can ask for one for Christmas next year or better yet, I'll get Andy one for Christmas and then he can get me a new canner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I love your new Christmas background! 

    ReplyDelete