Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Week So Far

 

Thrift Store Prizes!!

blog VIII '09 002

blog VIII '09 008

 

During #1 son's time away at college yesterday, #2 son and I ran errands and did a little shopping at THE THRIFT STORE!   I had so much fun getting things for ME!  I went a little crazy.  We have a couple of the nicest thrift stores I have ever been in around here.    I washed a lot of the things I bought last night and put them away today.  I a  firm believer that if you bring an item of clothing home, you should get rid of one to make room and thus not become a hoarder of clothes you don't wear.  So now I have two garbage bags clothes to re-donate.

blog VIII '09 009

Those of you that know me, know that I love sweaters!  This one was brand new in Christmas colors, tags still attached!

blog VIII '09 006

Printed navy skirt, light blue tee and a sleeveless, white sweater.

blog VIII '09 007

A fushia colored skirt with beads and sparkles and a stretchy V neck blouse.  One of my favorite outfits, but a summer one for sure, it is made of very light fabric.

blog VIII '09 010

I LOVE sparkley things!

blog VIII '09 016  

We have an event Friday evening with the church, a no children, stewardship dinner...  this outfit is what I am considering wearing.  It is a wrap skirt with brown, gray and white with a cool looking black sweater with sparkley beads and buttons on the front, with my sensible, brown , not too high of a heel, shoe and NYLONS!

blog VIII '09 017

blog VIII '09 018

Or maybe this black skirt with red sweater.

LOVE that thrift store shopping!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh...it was so nice here yesterday,  I had spring fever.

 

It was clear, sunny and a warm 53 degrees with record high temperatures around the area.  Today it is cloudy, 32 degrees and snowing.  We're supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow today.  Then it will become cold with wind chills below zero in the next few days.  Where is spring?

blog VIII '09 020

Was surfing blogs a bit this morning and keep running across something called Menu Mondays. I saw that and thought of jessnboyz !  So it's Tuesday, but I'll post my week of menus anyway.  These are just dinners.  Usually around here Dad eats cereal, toast or oatmeal unless I am up then I fix him a warm breakfast. We eat about the same for breakfast.  For lunches Dad buys his own...Yikes!  We eat leftovers or sandwiches or soup.

Monday~ hamburger gravy over white rice, sweet green beans and green salad.

Tuesday~ green chili enchilada casserole with black beans.

Wednesday~ kielbasa and cabbage with hashbrown casserole, salad.

Thursday~ salmon patties, mashed potatoes, stir-fried garlic broccoli spears.

Friday~ teriyaki burgers with homemade fries

Saturday~ Taco Salad

Sunday~ grilled chicken breasts with fettucini alfredo

blog VIII '09 001

My sweet Pastors wife runs the christian school at our church.  She knows we homeschool (I think we are THE only ones!) she offered me brand new books for #2 son.  I bought both sets( kindergarten and first grade) for ?$? maybe I shouldn't tell, a GREAT deal.  I am going to look at them today and maybe incorporate some of the Kindergarten into what I am doing with preschool.  #2 son is such a quick learner!

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!  you're going to wear nylons!!!!  lol What great clothes you found.  There are several nice thrift stores here that I'm dying to go look at.  A lady at church said we're going to set up a date and go shopping at some thrift stores near her house - I can't wait.I like your menu ideas - so glad you posted it.  We have that numbers book.  It is great!!  I really like all the colors - it makes it fun for the kids to learn.Have a good day.  Enjoy the snow . 

    ReplyDelete