Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Windy Thrusday

 

blog X '09 009

I did it...I made onion buns for our lunch/dinner today.  They turned out fantastic. 

blog X '09 011

P.S. This is a simple dinner roll recipe from the Better Homes Cookbook, with a tiny bit of whole wheat flour added.  I also added about 1/8 C. finely minced onion.  I minced the onion then put it in a dry nonstick skillet to cook on low heat about 2 minutes.  I removed the onions from the pan and let them set on the counter in a bowl until I was ready to use them, about 2 hours.  I sprayed nonstick cooking spray on the rolls after I formed them then sprinkled the onions on them.  After the final raise, they cooked about 12 minutes at 375*.  This was so good!

blog X '09 010

Tomorrow we have a play date planned with my friend Alison and her daughter.  We are going to be making Rosemary Bread and eating lasagna.  I am going to take over a mixed berry pie also.  It sounded divine and I am thinking it will taste great!

blog X '09 012

Blog11 003

Saturday we are going to attend a birthday party for Sienna.  (Alison's daughter)  It is a costume party, the children are supposed to dress like princes and princesses.  I picked up some things today for my prince.  I am about ready to make him a shield and some bling- bling for his blouse.(shirt)

blog X '09 016

blog X '09 015

blog X '09 017  

 

I'll try to post some pictures of our play date and birthday party on Saturday.  Have blessed weekend friends.

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the rolls look yummy.  How did you make them?Enjoy the day with your friends.  Can't wait to see the pics of your prince.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm, your rolls look so good and fattening too!  I rarely eat bread because it puts the pounds on me sooo fast.....and I love bread too...UGH!What an adorable prince....oh excuse me....I mean handsome little prince!  Don't tell him I called him adorable ok?  Between you and me, he really is adorable though. ~wink~Have fun baking tomorrow. 

    ReplyDelete