Friday, April 10, 2009

Fabulous Friday

 

blog XI '09 143

Grettings!!  Yes, today is a Fabulous Friday!  My manly man comes home this afternoon.  ((If the weather doesn't hold up the flights here in the northeast!))  Got a few ideas for the weekend. 

I am posting some pictures of what we did yesterday in the yard.  It seems to be coming along nicely.  I can't wait for the garden centers to put out plants other than pansies!  I'm ready for color in that yard!  I bought another pick up load of dirt and spread it in the flower bed along the fenceline. 

blog XI '09 141

I sowed my wildflower seeds and gave the bed a spritz of water.  #1 son did help haul dirt and moved some rotten logs.  He still needs to move brush out to the curb.  So my work in the yard is about done, until I can purchase some bedding plants.  Now my manly man just needs to do his part with the grass.  I can't wait to see what the yard looks like in a few months!

blog XI '09 144

Momma's BIG helper

I'm ending this post today with a FRIDAY FLASHBACK picture.  If you want to see more, head on over to my friend Debra's blog, she usually has some great flashbacks!

scan0012

This is my first precious BABY.  This 'baby' just turned 18!  In this photo he is 'helping' Momma in the flowerbed.  In this picture #1 son is about 15 months old.  The neighbors were so worried that he was going to come down with a case of worms from putting this dirt in his mouth.  He was having so much fun!  AHHH...they grow up too fast!

 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! Just a little ahead of us in Ohio. Talking about children growing up tooooooooooooo fast. How true. When your in the "little stage of babies" it seems you are locked in that season of your life.... then all of a sudden it changes with married children / grandchildren. We have 3 sons married / 2 grandchilden. It seems in a lot of ways that as I see my friends moving on, I stayed there because of my daycare and caring for 37 more children in 10 year time span. I get a baby and they grow past the stage.... and then right back with another baby in my daycare. My home is monitored / cribs in each bedroom / growing and revolving from there. I try to enjoy each season of life while I am there.Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great looking kid! Our baby boy, too made the 18 year mark, in Jan.We got to see Eddie, Stephanie, and their kiddoes Wed. night at LBC. They are visiting for a week in Kodiak. Praying for them to get another tour here in 2 years.Happy Easter to your MM, kids, and yourself, miss 39 year-young lady. You are looking younger each day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, if everybody could grow up as nicely as your Mr. 18 year old then everyone would eat dirt too.  He was an adorable baby and he's a handsome young man.  Can you tell I'm the proud aunt?  Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers.  Here they are just poking thru the dirt.  Not sure what will happen after that snow we got.  Can't wait to see pictures of your yard when it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was one of the only ones that called my dh "manly man". lol I LOVE that term of endearment! I'd love to see pics of your yard when it all comes together. It looks like it's going to be beautiful. I can't wait for the rain to stop and warm weather to hit so I can get MY yard done. We've got a lake in our backyard now from all the rain. Probably 2 inches standing, if not more. It's awful! I want SUNSHINE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @SealedbyGrace - I have another friend who calls her husband that.  We are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey.  Look at that little baby--man how time flies.  He's grown up into such a man.  You guys have a done a great job.Hope your hubby is able to make it in today.Happy Easter.  Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it will be a really nice flower bed. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww!  Look at that precious little Aaron!  He's so adorable....dirt and all!  It's hard to believe that he is already 18 yrs old.  I'm so glad you posted this pic of him today, it reminds me of when he was younger and playing with Kasey.  This is why I love Flashback Fridays....they bring back so many wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the last picture, so sweet. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is definately a photo to sit on the dresser to look at all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete