Monday, April 13, 2009

Where To Start?

 

blog XI '09 150

Ah, Yes it was a busy day yesterday.  I am feeling pretty wiped out today. 

#1 son says, "Mom you need to get outside, get some fresh air, exercise.  I don't understand why your so tired!"  Oh really...too many soap operas and bon bons over the weekend #1 son!!

I didn't do too much on Saturday.  Some last minute house perfection touch ups.  I prepared my coconut cake and frosted it before we left for choir practice.  I also started dough for Rosemary bread for Saturday evening dinner and dough for dinner rolls for Sunday.  I set my table with my china set, cloth napkins, fancy water goblets.  I stayed up late Saturday evening watching another movie in the series of the "Love Comes Softly" by Janette Oke on Hallmark Channel. 

We were at church yesterday and had a great Resurrection service there.  Part of the choir presentation was going to include a projector presentation of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.  One of the projectors decide not to work so about 1/4 of the auditorium couldn't see the screen on the other side of the room.  Bummer!  Of course all four of us ended up singing yesterday so I have no pictures.  I'm going to beg some though and try to post those when I receive them.

blog XI '09 145

((Chris and Sharon our wonderful guests!))

Our company did attend church and came over to fellowship with us and stayed the whole afternoon.  We ate and ate and ate!  It was divine food!  We played 'Balderdash'  with folks who have been going to college and grad school for the past 10 years!  Some of our answers were pretty amazing.  We still discovered we all tell good stories!!

My friend Sharon, she is Banjo's vet, was able to take Banjo's stitches out when she was here yesterday.  She pronounced him well and said his would was healed!  I am blessed!  Now I don't have to drive over there this morning.  

blog XI '09 147

Today is Menu Monday

Monday-  Hamburger Stroganoff with cooked rice, sweeted green beans, pear salad

Tuesday-  Oven Baked Chicken Breasts, rice pilaf green salad

Wednesday-  Chicken Fried Steak, Smashed Potatoes, Cooked Carrots, cottage cheese and fruit

Thursday-  Amish Bean Soup, cornbread, green salad

Friday-  Sloppy Joes with tator tots

Saturday-  Orange Roughy fish with  stir fried baby bok choy, rice pilaf

Sunday-  We have been invited to dine with friends from church  (they have three daughters 17, 18 and 21!!))

blog XI '09 151

~~Have a blessed day~~

 

5 comments:

  1. Don't you just love that series?  I watched it too as well as the one last week.   Your Easter celebration sounded like you had a wonderful time.   I love sharing holidays with family and friends.   Looking forward to the pictures.  Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.  You've been busy!  I hope you get some extra rest today.  I didn't get to watch the new show in the Love saga.  I was so tired.  I'm sure it'll be on again sometime this week.We didn't have time to play games with our company yesterday.  I miss our game times.Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that series as well and granddaughter & I watched them. I love the Hallmark channel. Your Easter sounded great I didn't post pics I guess I should go back and post pics of daughter, granddaughter & my niece. I will.Thanks I love good finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jessnboyz - I think i saw Love Finds A Home is re-running This Friday. I hope so, cuz I missed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a fun Easter day. I do enjoy a game of Balderdash every so often, too!

    ReplyDelete