Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Recipes

 

blog XI '09 186

Pistachio Bread

1 pkg white cake mix

1 pkg. instant pistachio pudding mix

1/2 C oil

1/4 C. sugar

4 eggs

1 C. sour cream

1/2 C chopped pecans

Mix all ingredients in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed about 2 minutes until all ingredients are incorporated.  If you desire a deeper green color on this bread, add 2-3 drops green food coloring to the batter and mix well.

Grease 1 bundt pan OR two loaf pans.  Mix in small bowl 2T. sugar and 2T cinnamon and 'flour' pan with 1/2 the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Reserve other 1/2.  Divide batter between the two loaf pans.  Smooth out tops with rubber spatula, sprinkle with reserved cinnamon sugar mix.  Bake at 350 degrees about 35 minutes or until loaves test done.  Cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes, until removing from pans.  Store in resealable plastic bags.

Mexican Chicken Soup

1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed

2 T. olive oil

1 medium onion, finely chopped

1 clove garlic, finely chopped

1/2 C. water

1 envelope TACO seasoning

1 (32 oz.) can V-8 juice

1 (16 oz.) jar, any flavor salsa

1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 (10 oz) package frozen corn, thawed

shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish

Sour Cream, for garnish

Fresh, chopped cilantro, for garnish

Saute chicken, onions and garlic in oil until chicken is cooked and no longer pink.

Meanwhile, add water, taco seasoning, salsa, beans and corn to LARGE crock pot set on high.  When chicken mix, is cooked add it to the crock pot.  Cook on high heat 4-5 hours or low heat 7-8 hours.  Serve each bowl with shredded cheese, sour cream and cilantro.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 For jimsruby.....

I have the same plates as you!  I saw one on your Sunday table!  I also thought I'd show you my half moon tables.  We bought ours for $30 dollars at an estate sale.  The legs are pretty fragile.  The first move after we bought them, broke the legs on on table and glue doesn't seem to hold.  The movers wrapped them in blankets and put them on the top of a load.  The broken one, dropped down between two pieces of furniture and broke it's legs.  Now, I make the movers wrap each table and then pack them in special boxes to protect the legs.

blog XI '09 187

 

 

9 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the Mexican chicken soup.  You gave me that recipe a few years back and I love it!!  Especially with Fritos.  It is so good.  Like really good comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this soup and the bread.  I had forgot to get the recipe from you before we left.  Thanks for posting it.  I'll have to make some this week.  Oh, you so inspired me the other day with your strawberry jam.  I made some and it turned out so good.  It was easy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jessnboyz - Did you make freezer jam?  Did you get the little plastic screw on caps for the glass jars we bought?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @betheelou - yep, I made the strawberry jam-so yummy!  No, I actually went and bought some freezer containers--I told you I'm seriously loosing my mind .  Anyway, my family sure likes the jam.  I went to Costco to get the strawberries, but my friend from church said to go to the farmer's market right at closing and they practically give the strawberries away.  Now I know for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @jessnboyz - All those boys will go through that jam quick.  It's tasty with ice cream, on waffles, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches...yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @betheelou - oh, yes!!!  Tim made strawberry milkshakes for us last night--what a yummy treat! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which plates?(( I had to go back and look!!)) The apple Correle plates I have had FOEVER! The white square ones come from the Dollar Tree!!!Your table looks wonderful! I can tell by the woodwork on top it is a much better "grade" table than mine. The pattern is georgeous on top!And those recipes look scrumptious!! Especially the bread.....make it for a tea party and smother with cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now.....if I dont feel dumb!!! As I was clicking out of your blog, I seen the plate under the bread!!!!!!BIG DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

    ReplyDelete