Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Day

 

red-rose

MY DAY

Outside my window...   Watching the emerging green leaves on the trees.  I am enjoying all the tree blossoms!

I am thinking...   I got to get going on a sewing project!

I am thankful for...  The Lord continues to meet our families needs in this 'economy!'

From the learning rooms...  The letter K and the number 7

From the kitchen...   My husband is on a 'diet.'  Tonight he is working late, so we are going to get Papa John Pizza and maybe watch a movie while he is at working!

I am wearing...  Denim capri's and a fushia colored short sleeve top, short socks and white tennis shoes.

bees-flowers

I am creating...  I am going to go sew four, oversized flannel, receiving blankets for a dear friend's new baby and hem a pair of jeans I found at the thrift store.

I am going...  Tomorrow I am going on a quest to find bedding plants for my new flower beds.  I am so excited!

I am reading... A book I found at Walmart about a Mommy who solves mysteries while juggling, husband, children and church.

I am hoping... not sure I have answer for this one today!

I am hearing...  A busy 6 year old playing with 'guys and cars' on the rug upstairs.

blog XI '09 207

(There is a spot of dirt on his nose!)

Around the house...  I am pretty pleased with how the house looks, just a few dust bunnies on the stairs today.  I was able to get in my closet yesterday and pulled some long sleeve shirts and winter skirts off hangers.  I folded them and stuck them on the closet shelf.  I gives me a bit more room for some more short sleeve or sleeveless tops for my summer wardrobe!

blog XI '09 208

One of my favorite things... the smell of vanilla candles.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I have a friend coming from out of town to visit her husband before he is deployed to Iraq.  She arrives Saturday and will be borrowing our van.  She will probably spend most of 5 days with her husband at Fort Dix, just south of here.  They may come and have dinner with us one night and she'll come back to stay for a night and hitch a ride back to the airport.   She is bringing her newborn baby.  I am pretty excited about that.  I can't wait to hold her... (the baby!)

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

blog XI '09 210

(These are some of the sprouts from the wildflower seeds I planted two  weeks ago!)

 

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your day!   Mmm... papa john's pizza--there isn't one close by our house.  Tim was on a diet a while ago, but he made his weight reg. so we're back to normal (until Oct.) .I've always admired your organized closets!Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post! Especially the beautiful red rose at the top! It's cute that you included a picture of your very neat and tidy closet!! You should see mine! In fact, I might post a picture of it so everyone can be horrified! Love, GAil

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Richgem - Notice that I didn't take a picture of the shoes at the bottom?  There are dust bunnies all over the shoes and they are just thrown down there!! Ha-Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jessnboyz - I think he is trying to make 206 which will be the "NEW" weight cut off for him, but I don't think that starts until 2010.  He has the WO school in Connecticut first week of May and he'll be weighed there as well.  Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this look into your day.  You sure have a lot of clothes!!  Enjoy your yummy pizza and time with a newborn baby.  It was funny that you had to put in parenthesis (the baby).  Did you think we'd be imagining you holding your friend on your lap?  What a funny picture to imagine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @betheelou - hey, I was telling Tim that your hubby was going to the school and Tim said one of the guys he works with will be there that same week.  It's a small world.  I guess with the CG, it is a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you always so calm?!?!?! LOL Reading this gave me such a sence of your contentment! Thanks for this. I dont know if I can come up with answers! I didnt get to do the "crazy eights" b/c of that.....couldnt come up with things!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @jimsruby - It's a good thing you didn't ask my husband or sons this question!  Thye may give you a different opinion of me!

    ReplyDelete