Monday, April 20, 2009

Where Did It Go?

 

blog XI '09 179

Where Did It Go?

  Yes, it seems I am missing two things right now, the weekend and the beautiful WARM weather.  Both came and went very quickly.  It is cold and rainy here right now and about 41 degrees.

blog XI '09 175

I actually had to sleep with the window open Saturday night it was warm.  I think our high that day was around 79 degrees, though it didn't feel that warm.

blog XI '09 181

We had a fire in the fire pit  Saturday afternoon and enjoyed roasting hot dogs and marshmallows on the fire.

blog XI '09 177

My Manly Man accomplished quite a lot on the swing fort thing.  It will be done the next nice day he has for working on it.

blog XI '09 183

We enjoyed our fellwoship with a family from church yesterday.  They fed us fajitas and ice cream sundaes!  We played 'fast Scrabble' and Yatzee.

blog XI '09 184

I totally went off my menu last week.  I think we had two items that were listed, the rest wasn't.  So if the menu looks funny it's because some things got relisted!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MENU MONDAY

Monday-  Mexican Chicken Soup, Skillet Cornbread, Green Salad

Tuesday-  Maple Glazed Salmon, Cheesey Noodles, Garlic Broccoli Florets

Wednesday-  Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Wilted Spinach Salad

Thursday-  Applesauce Baked Chicken, Rice a Roni, Stir Fry Bok Choy

Friday-  Spaghetti, Rosemary Bread, Green Salad

Saturday-  Battered Fish and Chips, Cole Slaw

Sunday- Picnic at Church...not sure what I'm taking yet.

 

11 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend.  We did some more exploring, I'll post about it later today.  Looks like your hubby's little helper is getting anxious for his new fort!We've had crazy warm weather, I was going to make a soup for dinner, but I think we'll probably have BLT's.  What is applesauce baked chix?  Is it easy?Enjoy your yummy soup tonight and skillet cornbread...yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jessnboyz - Chricken breasts baked with chunky applesauce, brown sugar and chili powder.  I saw a blurb for this recipe?? Not sure where, and it sounded good.  So we'll try it, there is no recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menus always sound yummy and well planned out. Enjoy your week...I think the sun came to Washington, sorry. God gave us a beautiful, sunshiny day...yea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking at your photos and oohing/ahhing over all of that land you have around you! And the idea of roasting hot dogs and marshmallows outside like that -- so fun! Stay cozy when it's cold outside -- summer is here at our house, and I'm sure it's making its way your direction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, he got a lot accomplished on the fort.  Love the pix of #2 son in his safety gear eager to get going.  Good to hear that you do not stick to your menu.  I have only started doing it since reading your posts but found I did not always stick to what I had planned.  Most weeks I use what I bought, just not in the same order.  Now before you laugh at me for thinking yours was written in stone, remember I am new to this whole thing and have been "winging it" for the last 35 yr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They only thing I have been looking for tonight is the DVD remote.  LOL   grandson was here last weekend and we can't find it anywhere.  He is only 17 months so I can't get him to tell me where he hid it.  He is so good at snagging remotes I know it had to be him!!  

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy seeing your menus - and - I had the very same question as your friend about the applesauce baked chicken!   Did you enjoy cooking already as a child growing up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @LaurieLH - Yes...I have been watching your weather!!  It's hot!!  I have a San Diego friend that bought an air conditioner over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @oldfatgramma - I am thrilled that you are trying!  I have been doing it this way for most of my married life, it's very easy for me.  My sister also does a menu that is similar, I wonder if she leaned it from me?I was shocked at the price for groceries this last time I shopped, seems it is going up again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @juejee - Our are either on the floor under the couches or eaten by the couches.  Sometimes #1 son (the 18 year old) takes the remote to his room, on the opposite end of the house and on a whole other floor from the the family room, and can't remember where it is!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @threejoys - I have been cooking since I was about 12 and have always enjoyed it!  I was the oldest of 4 children and made breakfast for the family a lot when I was young.  Dad and the brothers always appreciated desserts.  My Dad seemed happy with anything us girls made! 

    ReplyDelete