Friday, April 17, 2009

I Was Tagged! "Eights"

 

8 things I am looking forward to...

             1.  Heaven      2.  Moving away from the Northeast     3. Summer Produce      4. Summer and warm weather
5. planting flowers in my yard
6. One day I will have daughters in law and grandbabies        7. Taking lots of pictures of grandbabies
8. Husbands retirement and enjoying what the future has in store...

8 things I did yesterday...

1. Ate        2. Went on a date to Borders Books with #2 son, had special drinks and looked at magazines!     3. Bought coffee beans at Target    4. Had a picnic outside for lunch    5. Blogged   6. Made beef tips egg noodles, baked squash with cheese and fried apples for dinner.
7. Ate most of a Dairy Queen Peanut Buster Parfait with no hot fudge but peanut butter sauce substituted for the hot fudge...AHHH HEAVEN!         8. Participated in family devotions

8 things I wish I could do...

1. Play piano         2. Sing in front of church without being nervous!      3. Move back to California                     4. See into the future         5. Protect my children from ever being hurt, disappointed in life or from falling away from Christ.        6. Have the finances to vacation anywhere I wanted EVERY year.         7. Visit with family more often           8. Have more babies to fit all the names we've picked out over the last 20 years!

8 shows I watch...

(I don't know that there are 8 shows I faithfully watch.  Wastes too much time!)

1. CSI
2. Monster Trucks shows on Speed channel    3. Stacey David's GEARZ
4. NCIS     5. HGTV
6. Food Network  7. Hallmark Channel
8. The Closure

8 people I tag...

((I don't have 8 people I know will repsond!))

1. momomma5     2. onehappymomma     3. jimsruby
4. the sublett family
5. homemadehappiness
6. jessnboyz   7. autumnlove413    8. diaryofapastorswife 

 

6 comments:

  1. @LaurieLH - I'm sure we have lots more in common...I have found some great friends on xanga recently that I think were seperated from me at birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some things in common! Since they were little, I have taken my sons to bookstores for lunch dates -- we get latte and cocoas or milk, scones or some other delicious delight, and each of us gets one book under 10$ (of course, now that they're older and have their own money, they usually buy more than one book). Another favorite: HGTV and Food Network -- I personally am domestically challenged but I love watchingwhat others can do -- oh, and I'm a NASCAR fan and also enjoy the Monster Trucks -- fun! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you played the "Eights," game!  I so enjoyed reading your lists, Beth.  You must have really fallen in love with California!  So is that your favorite place that you've ever lived?  Do tell, do tell. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Debra -   I thought maybe my friendship would be in trouble if I didn't play!  Ha-Ha!I LOVED California.  The weather was great most of the time.  It wasn't too cold.  I thought it was gorgeous there.  I'm not sure if it was my favorite place to live or not.  We've lived in two homes that were in spectacular locations, the one in Charleston, OR at the Cape Arago Lighthouse, listening to the sounds of the waves crash the beach, and the fog horn blowing in the summer time.  A beautiful location.  Our place in Kodiak, AK on Dark Lake was a gorgeous place to live also.  We had SPECTACULAR scenery all year long.  Yes, even in the snow...  We had a firepit right near the lake.  We fished in that lake and rode motorcycles on it when it was freezing during the winter.To me there is just something about California...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you're looking forward to moving from the Northeast!!!  (ha,ha)  I really miss it out there --although, we're enjoying all the beautiful sunshine here in CA. We had a picnic yesterday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @betheelou - You're funny!  Trust me it would have been ok, if you hadn't played the game because I know they can be time consuming, but I am glad that you did play along.  This is the first one I've ever done.  I guess now I have to quit being a stick in the mud and take the time to play along more often.I think I would probably like living in California too.  I don't know if I would want to live in San Francisco though.  After spending 5 months there......it's a great place to visit, but you rarely can find a parking space, so you have to do a lot of walking.  Of course, that's a plus because you get into shape that way. :)  I liked San Diego though!  I don't think I would like living in Alaska with snow all the time.  I'm sure it's beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete