Saturday, August 15, 2009

Getting to Know Me

 

Maybe your curious about me?  Maybe you want to know a little more about me?  Maybe things like this are time wasters?  Most likely...my sister in law really, really wants me to do this...so here it is...AND she has to come over to my blog to read it!  Ha-Ha!!

What time did you get up this morning?
7:45 a.m
2. How do you like your steak?
Medium-Rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Night at the Museum 2

4. What is your favorite TV show?
CSI
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Right now...California on about 5 acres of land near good trails to ride dirt bikes!

6. What did you have for breakfast?
Granola cereal and 3 cups of black coffee

7. What is your favorite cuisine?
My own cooking

8. What foods do you dislike?
I'll try most anything.  My most un favorite food is food that is not prepared well at restaurants and you still have to pay for it or find that it is prepared better at home.

9. Favorite Place to Eat?
Years ago, my husband and I were on our way to a couples retreat and we stopped a a steak place we had heard about.  Where you could pick out your meat and grill your own (fish, chicken or beef) and it was served with baked potato and green salad.  It was excellent! 

Steaks

The other place I liked is having a bowl of clam chowder at a restaurant called Ship Inn located in Astoria, Oregon.  That was a favorite date (usually on our anniversary) place! 

Ship Inn

Oh yes, one other favorite, it's kinda a dive but it is a great date spot for us as a couple when we go see family in Kansas City...Smokehouse Barbecue.

Our Gladstone location can easily host your next catered affair.

10. Favorite dressing?
Virginia Brand Vidalia Onion Vinegarette...sold at Sam's Club

Vir. Brand  Vinegarette Dressing - 40 oz.

11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
2001, 7 passenger, white, dodge caravan

12. What are your favorite clothes?
Long, straight skirts from Christopher Banks and a top with comfy tennis shoes and white socks.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
I am going to be blessed to go on my Mediterranean Cruise for my 20th wedding anniversary and see an area of the world, I never thought I'd see!  I'm totally excited!

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
1/2 empty!

15. Where would you want to retire?
If money were no object?  Probably California...until the grandkids arrive, then I may change my mind!  I also love eastern Oregon.  If money were no object, I may have a summer place and a winter place!  Like summer in Montana/Wyoming/Alaska? and winter in the southern parts of the US...okay maybe even Costa Rica!

16. Favorite time of day?
bedtime

17. Where were you born?
Portland, Oregon

18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Monster Truck races, especially freestyle competition!

19. Who do you think will not tag you back?
I am not tagging anyone...if you like this, feel free to copy and paste and answer, but let me know you did so I can read your answers!

20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
Well, no one!

21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
Curiosity is good...

22. Bird watcher?
Yes...I love to watch them all.  My favorite bird to watch is the hummingbird!  Eagles and Hawks are interesting as well.  Especially the eagles that nested on the lake by our home in Alaska!  Interesting!

23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Day time person.  It takes a couple cups of coffee and a shower before I fell up to starting the day.  I get tired when it's gets dark/bedtime.  I am most productive during the day!

24. Pets?
Of course, Banjo our dog/child and Shadow the cat

25. Any new and exciting news that you'd like to share?
Ha! 

26. What did you want to be when you were little?
Everything!  When I graduated from high school I though I wanted to teach special education!  I've also wanted to be a beautician, detective and realtor.

27. What is your best childhood memory?
humm...there are so many.  I used to love going to Uncle Bill and Aunt Hazels house.  They had about 100 acres in the country with woods, pond horses, chickens, cows a garden.  It was wonderful to spend time there.  We rode bikes on cow trails, swam in the stock tanks played in the barn and she was a great cook!

28. Are you a cat or dog person?
Fish!  If I could always have Banjo as my dog I'd be a dog person.  I do love a nice cuddly kitty though!  I also loved my little pocket parrot.  But sadly not all birds, cats, fish or dogs are the same!

29. Are you married?
For 20 years in 6 weeks!

30. Always wear your seat belt?
Only because it's the law!

31. Been in a car accident?
Twice in San Diego.  I turned in front of a speeder and he clipped my back turn signal light.  And I rear ended someone but we were going slow, his little truck-no damage.  Mine...well about $2000 worth.  Both times!  I've never been in an accident as a passenger with anyone.

32. Any pet peeves?
Public speakers who say UM!  New Jersey drivers and several more if I had time to think about all of them!

33. Favorite pizza topping?
All the meats and add onion.  Second favorite, pepperoni.

34. Favorite Flower?
Jasmine  (but really there are too many favorites to list!)

35. Favorite ice cream?
Chocolate chip mint but I love Moose Tracks... and Baseball Nut from Baskin Robbins

36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
Right now...Baja Fresh

37. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
Permit...2 times (this was before computers) road test, passed 1st time!

38. From whom did you get your last email?
Facebook

39. At which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Michaels Craft

40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
  We ate a Burger King on Thursday.

42. Broccoli?
Yummy... with hot cheese and a few other ways!

43. What was your favorite vacation?
Costa Rica for 5 days with my manly man.

44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
OUT to dinner?  Probably 4 weeks ago when we went to Old Country Buffet after church as a family.  I need another date night!

45. What are you listening to right now?
the AC

46. What is your favorite color?
Hot pink, purple, teal green in that order...

47. How many tattoos do you have?
Are you kidding me?  NONE.  I can't imagine myself as a 75 year old fat lady, that has birthed children, with a tatoo anywhere on my body.  Can you picture it on the cleavage, or on the small of the back or across the stretch marks on the belly?  GROSS!

49. What time did you finish this quiz?
Afternoon

50. Coffee Drinker?
Um-Um good! The only thing I don't drink, straight shots of espresso.

 

6 comments:

  1. Hey- I drive the exact same vehicle!  Even down to the color.  Which is becoming a joke.  Before, we drove a '97 grand caravan, the boxier model.  Also white.  Then David bought a little truck.  White.  Van started overheating on long drives (not a good thing when going to Tillamook every other week), so we go to find something newer.  The two that fit our budget are a 2001 Caravan and a 2005 Grand Caravan.  Both white!  The Caravan has less storage, but was also cheaper (a plus when a vehicle is necessary, not planned!)Also, Ship Inn, mmmmmmmmm. Took Rachel there for her birthday, I had also gone into labor with her while eating there, so it had meaning, which gives the perfect excuse to go there at least once a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I have a lot of the same tastes! The one I kept snickering over was about the "tatoos" (haha)! That is exactly the same type of response I give when people start talking about getting one, "When you are old and saggy, what will your so called tatoo really look like? and do you really want to live with that- yuck". Thanks for the info.A couple of the ladies at church who know me made the comment- even though I am a really nice person, most people don't really know me. Really hard to get a conversation started to talk about your life and some intimate info. This is a cute start. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing some of the details of your life.   

    ReplyDelete
  4. @lindylou32 - I was thinking the same about you when I was reading what you put on your profile for xanga!  I think maybe you're a bit shy, is why it's harder to get to know you.  But I never had a problem getting to know you!  I had one lady tell me once "Wow, you sure ask a lot of questions!"  "That's how you get to know someone!"I repliedI don't like tatoos even on young bodies.  I think they are a sign of rebellion.  (Just my opinion!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Betheelou - Coffee drinker here too, lol.  I copied & pasted then answered the questions on my site, so now you'll have to go to my site & read the answers, lol *Wink* *Wink*.  God Bless ~Gretchen~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I especially love your tatoo answer! I'm with YOU, girl! I have been stretched and sagged a bit and can't imagine a hideous blackish bluish greenish bunch of ink going along with that! I might have to copy and paste this thing and do it on my blog. Love, GAil

    ReplyDelete