Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's Thursday


Outside my window... It's dark and much less humid today.  It's going to be cooler!

I am thinking... About cleaning house today!

I am thankful for...Fresh tomatoes and corn on the cob from the farm stand!

 From the learning rooms...Still practicing different way to fry brain cells this week.  Computer games are a favorite!  School resumes September 8th.

From the kitchen...We've had some interesting food this week.  Homemade velveeta macaroni with chicken and broccoli,  swiss steak hamburger patties with cooked white rice and green beans, beef tips and egg noodles...with fried zucchini and fried green tomatoes!  (the green tomatoes were great!) Not sure what I am going to fix tonight.  We've had fresh tomatoes from my garden almost every night this week.  I sure do LOVE those great tasting things!

I am wearing... I'm in my pj's still and clutching my cup of black coffee!

I am creating... Gonna make some peanut butter pies today. 

I am going... I've got to run a few shopping errands today...to the farm stand and to the grocery store.

I am reading... Another mystery of course.  I am a little disappointed in this one.  It seems to have a lot more bad language than some of the others I've read.  There are recipes at the back of the book!

I am hoping... Company is coming for barbecue tomorrow...I hope we don't get rained out...we're planning on starting the firepit and grilling a pork loin...

I am hearing...  The Magic Schoolbus is being enjoyed by #2 son.  He wasn't feeling well last night.  He is too funny!  Last night he kept saying "I don't feel good.  I have a headache and I am NOT lying!  I want to stay home from church and play on the computer!"  We took him to church with a 101 degree temperature.  After we had prayer I took him out to sit in the van for the rest of the church service.  He kept moaning and looking worse and worse.  He was falling asleep on the way home, he hardly ever does that.  Before he went to bed his temperature was 102.4.  I gave him Ibuprofen and sent him to bed.  He woke up saying he got a good sleep and is well..."Can I play on the computer today?"  he asked

Around the house...Vacuuming,  toilet cleaning, sweep the back porch, make pies...

One of my favorite things...  This cd.  

Peaceful Easy Feeling

((Combining elements of acoustic pop, country, and folk, Peaceful Easy Feeling is an instrumental tribute to artists like The Eagles, Jim Croce, The Doobie Brothers, Kenny Loggins, and Pure Prairie League. Featuring guitars, mandolin, bass, percussion, and other eclectic instrumentation on songs like Take It Easy, I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song, Amie, Listen To The Music, Sailing and the title track, it's sure to be the first CD you reach for in the car or unwinding at home.))

I bought this at the airport in Nashville several years ago.  I have a few other cd's from this company as well.  I love the bluegrass/country style of this cd!

  A few plans for the rest of the week:  Company tomorrow night...for Saturday?  Not sure...we're supposed to be getting the tail end of a HUGE tropical storm on Saturday.  That will probably spoil any fishing plans we were thinking about!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...My silly Banjo dog.  I was watching him rest in his little bed yesterday afternoon.  He was dozing but still quite alert because he was anticipating his dinner.  He stayed pretty still for these pictures.  His eyeballs would follow me wondering what I was doing.  The last picture captures the 'eyeball' pretty good.  I love my funny dog!

 


 


 

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I really like your CD. Great pictures of Banjo! Does feel like fall is in the air, Hannah went to take our Brittany Spaniel pup, Nickie (one year old) out this morning and she said there was frost on my windshield!  We also have a Standard Schnauzer, Daisy, 7 yrs. old. She belonged to my stepmom. When she passed away from cancer Easter 2004, she was part of my inheritence and I brought her home from Juneau, AK with me. She is the most even tempered dog and she never licks you unless you have food on you, and even then she is tenative about it! She is a beautiful dog, so is Nickie (both females).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A question regarding the mysteries you read - where do you get them from, the library? I really wanted to read the Laura Childs books but the Astoria Library doesn't even carry her books. Barnes and Noble Bookstores obviously carry them. I really love mysteries, but am leary of some authors, but want broaden my reading realm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi!  I love a good mystery book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy!  Fried green tomatoes and peanut butter pie...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it .Did you end up going to the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @lindylou32 - Yes they are from the library.  I usually go out of there with a huge stack of books and end up reading a few, some are usually are not fit to read.  Some of the ones with the recipes are good mysteries and a more decent read they may occasionally blurt a bad word or have a strong drink.  Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark both write very clean.  When we lived in Coos Bay, I went to an excellent library that actually listed mystery authors on a list on the wall!  These two libraries I go to now, have the mysteries in a special section along the walls, so cool.  When I lived there in Astoria I think I had a Seaside library card as well.  (Don't remember for sure!)  I'll have to think of a list of authors for you that are decent (clean)reads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @jessnboyz - No we didn't go.  We ran out of money so we had a mini-staycation.  We swam at a huge pool Monday.  Went fishing last night.  Ate at Chili's.  That'a about it.  Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of the Seaside Library- They built a new one right across from the swimming pool (very nice too). The company Jack and I worked for got the bid and finished it last year.Thanks! I look forward to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those photos of Banjo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete