Monday, September 28, 2009

Busy Days


Friday was a play day with Alison, Sienna and Ariya at the beach.  We had a picnic lunch and played, played, played!






My manly man came home late Friday night and Saturday we just spent some time together.   #1 son kept Banjo and #2 son for us while we ran some errands.  My husband and I went to lunch too...hamburgers!  We also went and scouted places to take our family pictures this fall.  We think we found a couple great spots and we will make time to take those photos when we return form our cruise. 

Saturday night Banjo got a possum in the yard!  He has a spot back there he always checks for Ground Hogs.
He checks it so frequently, that he is wearing paths back there.

(there used to be a Ground Hog burrow right in front of the tree.)


(paths of Banjo..)

The ugly possum.  Playing 'possum'. 

My manly man was actually brave enough to pick it up.  It's tail would curl automatically around his fingers!  After a bit of a photo session, we laid him on the ground on the other side of the fence...after about 15 minutes, this possum scurried off for another adventure somewhere else. We've never seen possums actually play dead before.  They just usually hiss and run off.  I do think they are just about one of the ugliest creatures God created.  Like a big RAT.


Daddy brought home a batch of army men for #2 son.  We had a war yesterday afternoon.  I was tan, Daddy was bright green and #2 was dark green.  I was defeated first.  This was pretty entertaining for #2.

Right now I have laundry going.  I have to get 3 suitcases down and pack for 3 people.  I mostly have my things picked out and 1 dinner outfit for my husband.  Just have to throw a few more things together.  #2 goes over to our friends house Wednesday after piano practice.  Wednesday is our 20th wedding anniversary and I have asked my husband to take me to Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  I haven't been there to eat or have cheesecake in YEARS.  I thought that would be fun.

Tonight for dinner~  Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, sauerkraut, corn casserole, biscuits and berry cobbler.

Have a great day friends!






6 comments:

  1. Dinner sounds great! love the Army men pic! Have fun at the Cheesecake Factory, sounds neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the cheesecake factory!  It's one of my favorite places to eat.  Happy packing...just think in a few days you'll be having wonderful time with your hubby.  I can't wait to hear about the trip--part of the world I've never been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner sounds yummy as does the cheesecake factory.  Great pix. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a  manly man! grabbing a possum and evicting him, without even hurting it!Gary is cooling off some soup on the porch this morning; but he is so chicken about our fuzzy brown neighbors that he always peeks out before he opens the door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!! Wishing you many joys and an extra special evening with your dear hubby! I wanted to tell you one thing about possums....before our son was married he was in Grenada in mission work. There they ATE possums! When we went to visit, I was hoping and praying they would not serve it to us because it would have appeared rude to not accept their food. I was sooo thankful to escape that delicacy!   When he came home, he asked if I would be willing to serve that at our Thanksgiving meal, in addition to the turkey!! How do you say no to a grown son that you love?! By this time he was married and his wife, Donna, made a bar-b-q sauce for over it. I just could hardly get it past my mind much less, in my mouth. Would you believe I was so busy serving that the 20 people around our table did not notice that I didn't sample it! I was so very proud of everyone else who tried it!!!!! I know it blessed our son. One more thing, have a wonderful trip with your husband. We went in the Smoky Mtn. direction to celebrate our 40th and it was a precious time! I wish you the same!

    ReplyDelete