Wednesday, June 29, 2011

~~It's Wednesday!~~

 
 
Outside my window~  Nice today.  In the eighty's with low humidity.  A good morning for the pool, but I have sooo much to accomplish today!

I am thankful for~  My life.  My salvation.  My family.  My husband.
 


   From the learning room~ I am taking my bible to Grandma's house see if I can finish my reading.  I am almost done with the four gospels of the New Testament.  I'd like to see if 24 hours of road driving will help me finish the entire N.T.  I think our van's c.d. player is on the brink of total destruction anyway.  It will be a LONG drive . . .

My student is done with formal piano lessons for the summer.  We will resume lessons in September.  He will keep practicing his book however.  If you didn't already see it, check out his Piano Recital performance here.
 






 

From the kitchen~  If I have time today. . .I may make a double batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies to take to grandma's house.  It will cement my status as "best Auntie in the world" if I do.


I am wearing~ It's still early.  I am in my pajama's.  But I am thinking of wedding attire.  What do you think of this purple one?


I finally got my toes painted yesterday.  Here is a picture of my bright fuchsia.  (Yes, I have  BIG big toe )

 

 I am creating~ I am creating my blog and packing a vehicle today.  That's it for creativity this week.  I am linking up with my friend Lisa to show you pictures of "Where I Blog"


My antique metal desk.  Painted robin's egg blue.  The top is fairly clean today.  Yes, those are gun holsters on the desk.  Not sure why my manly man left them there     That's his pocket knife too.  (Must be rough living in this neighborhood?)  The catalog is open.  I love the clothes in there.  Here is a link to check out.   Northstyle.  Coffee in a 23 year old coffee cup this morning.


These other two pictures are so you don't think my house is always neat and tidy like Martha Stewart's.



I am thinking~  I am thinking of unfinished projects.  Pictures, curtains, home school materials organizing for a move.
 
I am reading/watching~  Still watching the same series.  The series are quite long and are very good.  But the books are always better.  If yo've never read Lucy Maud Montgomery, you really should!  She is one of my favorites!



www.roadtoavonlea.com



Emily of New Moon


Favorite Things~  Fishing! (with him especially )

 
 
  Around the house~  Around the house . . .suitcases are coming out.  One last load of laundry is being done.  Things are fairly clean.  We are getting ready to go spend ten days in Tennessee with family.  We haven't made this trip for almost three years.  Last time, it didn't work out so well.  I would covet your prayers for a JOY-filled trip.

 
 I am praying~  Praying for the desires of my heart.  For an upcoming wedding for a happy young couple.  Praying for me.  Praying for my husband.

     
Something to share~  Today I am sharing another recipe!




Frog Eye Salad

1 C. uncooked Acini Di Pepe Salad Noodles, uncooked, then cooked to package directions for ‘al-dente’.  Drained and placed in X-large bowl.

1 (20oz. can) crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved

1 (15 oz can) mandarin orange segments, drained with juice reserved

1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

7 oz. of miniature colored marshmallows

1 c. sugar

2 eggs, beaten

½ t. salt

3 T. flour

1 (10 oz.) jar maraschino cherries, drained well

While pasta is cooking according to package directions for al-dente,(then after pasta is drained, add to x-large bowl)  In medium saucepan, combine reserved liquids from pineapple, oranges (1 ½ C) sugar, eggs, salt and flour.  Over medium high heat, Cook these ingredients, stirring constantly until mixture is very thick..  Add this mixture to pasta in very large bowl.  Stir until incorporated.  Cover with plastic wrap.  Chill all day if making in AM or over night. Chill drained fruit as well until you are ready to assemble salad.

The next day, stir pasta well, breaking up large chunks with wooden spoon.  Add reserved fruit, shipped topping, marshmallows and cherries.  Stir well.  Chill until ready to serve.  Makes  a lot! (This recipe is easily halved for smaller batches.  Great for church potlucks and such!)

    ~~Have a GREAT weekend Friends!~~

8 comments:

  1. love this post! i am going to check out "where i blog". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the purple one.   Good thing you put in the second picture of your desk as I was just thinking it was too neat!    Enjoy time at Grandma's.  My helper and I are just starting to make choc/white chip cookies.  He made some cinnamon buns this morning.  MMMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl, that purple dress with your hair right now would POP!Ya know, large big toes are a sign of smart folk!! Was thinking about the "engaged couple" just this morning! Praying for them <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The purple dress is beautiful!!Fun post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the video of the piano recital.  He did so good!  :)  The recipe looks so delish.  "Frog Eye Salad" is just hilarious.  How long til the big day for the sweet couple?  Choosing a dress is so hard.  I always have to do lots of trying on.  The purple is gorgeous!  And you shared where you blog!  Fun, fun!  :) 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this.  Happy traveling, I am praying for your trip and your visit, I know the pit falls that could pop up at anytime.  I pray God will give Sully good memories of both grandparents and their love..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purple dress! Love that pic of the engaged couple! So sweet!  Praying for your trip to be joy-filled and to go smoothly!  Thanks for the recipe! That looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you joined in the "Where I Blog" link-up! It was fun to see your space!

    ReplyDelete