Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Date Night

 

My manly man and I spent a great afternoon and evening together yesterday, enjoying his day off from work.  We first had lunch at Macaroni GrillI enjoyed the fresh baked, hot rosemary bread with olive oil to dip in with my peach flavored ice tea.  While we waited anxiously for our main course to arrive, we munched contentedly on our garden salad and had another chunk of warm bread!  I ordered~

Penne Vodka Rustica

My manly man ordered~

Marsala Chicken Ravioli

Delicious!

We declined dessert and headed over to Barnes and Noble to enjoy a quiet coffee while looking at magazines and sitting close together at a table.  I had a cinnamon latte (hot) he had boring hot black coffee .  He looked at motorcycle and airplane magazines.  I looked at food and home magazines.

When we finished our coffees we then headed over to Burlington Coat Factory.  We found a present for #2 son, a fort/castle thing made of wood that he saw at Christmas.  We purchased that and church clothes for him.  Manly man has a public job in downtown Manhattan, New York and needed some more dress clothes.  He bought a black suit and four dress shirts and comfortable black dress shoes (the shoes he purchased at another store).  I'll have to take a picture of him in the black suit with a stylish purple shirt with purple and black tie.  Very handsome.

Following our spending spree at the clothing store we headed over to the famous "Toys for US" store and got a few more things for the birthday boy:  A roaring dinosaur that shakes his head in anger at you (a request from the birthday boy,) new box of crayons for the inner artist we have seen recently, a couple mini monster trucks (in anticipation of the show we have tickets to January 30th!), a game (forgot the name...oh 'Feed the Kitty' I'll post a review after we play it!) and some little dinosaurs to put on the top of his birthday cake.

That was our date.  It took about 6 hours and we enjoyed it!  Special thanks to our sitter,(thanks big brother!)

I was questioning him during school this morning.  I asked him what kind of birthday cake he wanted.  Without hesitation he said a "Pink Sweetheart Cake, you know Momma in the shape of a sweetheart. And I WILL help you make it 'cause I'm your good helper in the kitchen!" 

"Would you like to go to a restaurant to eat or have Momma cook your favorite food?" I asked 

He replied that he "wants to eat the stuff in the can from the chef boy guy.  ((I interpreted that it meant Chef Boyardee Ravioli from a can, his new favorite lunch food.)) 

 

He changed that request to my Franks Red Hot Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes!  Sounds delicious!

Birthdays are his favorite holiday.  He used to love the birthday song and was the loudest singer anytime he sang that song.  He is excited to have his own birthday.  He learned to write a new number today, the number 6.  It has special significance to him.

We are all feeling better.  I'm still blowing my nose and coughing some.  Manly man has a lingering cough but sometimes he does in the cold weather.  #2 son is doing better his cold sores are MUCH better.  #1 son is doing great.  He is excited about school.  First classes are Thursday with General Psychology and Algebra.

Thanks for reading.  Blessings~ Beth

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful meal and a wonderful day together!  So glad you are all feeling better......it's the pits being sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we love Macaroni Grill!  Yummy!  I'm glad you were able to get away.  Hope #1 son enjoys his first day at classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi beth, There's a bread recipe on allrecipes called "jo's rosemary", it taste just like the restaurant.  I baked this bread all the time, it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Autumnlove413 - Thanks for thinking of me!  I love bread, I could eat it all the time.  I could eat any bread, any time!

    ReplyDelete