Friday, January 16, 2009

Recovering

 

 

I feel like I am on the road to recovery.  I finally got a better nights sleep last night as the congestion in my sinuses lessened.  I am achy and sore from coughing so much though.  My manly man sounds like his congestion is going away too.  Not sure about the sons though.  Now I feel like all the house needs aired out, sprayed with lysol and bedding washed. (The house will NOT be aired today as it is about 6 degrees out.  Too cold.)

blog pics II 09 002

We had to go out yesterday and run some errands (even though we didn't feel like doing it!.)  We went to the college where Aaron will start full time enrollment next week.  We purchased his books, minus the English textbook, as the teacher had not yet selected which one to use.  We paid cash for the books and spent $414.50!!  Yikes.  Most of those were used books!

blog pics II 09 001

Also went grocery shopping as I had not been stock up shopping for quite some time.  Went to my favorite store, Aldi's and got a lot of stuff there.  We also shopped Wal Mart where I get other things like toilet paper, paper plates, cleaning supplies etc...  It is almost #2 sons birthday.  I usually get him some clothes around his birthday.  He got some yesterday; new underwear and socks, two pairs of jeans and 4 long sleeve shirts.  This is the outfit he picked for himself.

blog pics III 09

My sweet friend Alison came by real quick yesterday and brought us a cake she made for us, Banana with Cream Cheese frosting.  YUM!  She also brought us a thank you gift for watching her sweet little Yorkie dog, Monti while they were in England for Christmas.  Thank you sweet friend for thinking of us.  On the menu for tonight is Mexican Chicken Soup with skillet cornbread. 

blog pics II 09 004

We had a GREAT dinner last night also expecting that manly man would be home with us to enjoy it, (French Toast, Country Fried Potatoes, Scrambled Eggs with cheese and Maple Bacon.)  he was on standby recall for the airline accident that happened yesterday in the Hudson River and missed my dinner.  Miraculously, all involved in the crash survived! Many say due to the swift thinking pilot.  He found an emergency landing area and landed!  The Canadian Geese believed to be responsible for the accident are terrible around here.  They were out and about yesterday flying around, even we noticed two flocks in the sky while out running our errands. 

Airline passengers wait to board boats to be rescued on the ...

I was listening to the news a little this morning and one show was interviewing a lady  that was testifying she sat next to a woman who helped to calm her and the surrounding passengers by praying with them.  Good for the praying woman!  I can't help but think this was a wake up call for the 155 people on board.  Maybe it will have them all thinking on eternal, spiritual things!  ((See my... Wouldn't You Like To Know... box on the right of your screen!))

We don't have major (any really) plans for the weekend.  That is probably best.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are getting better! I bet your Bos'uns Mate manly man watched the US Airways rescue with special interest!Kid-critters look wonderful, we miss you all at LBC!What college is your lad attending?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better.  I tried a new drink and thought of you.  Have you had a London Fog tea from Starbuck's?  It was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete