Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Flu

The influenza, yep it's hit New Jersey and came to our house without an invitation.  Momma got sick Sunday, stayed home from all Sunday services and nursed her 103 degree temperature.  On the mend though is my manly man who got ready for work this morning without coughing out a lung! (that is a first in 8 days!) 

 #1 son still sounds congested in his nose. 

blog pics I 09 005

#2 son, my sweet cuddle Bubba, is still blowing lots of gunk from his nose. 

blog pics I 09 001

He woke up yesterday with two new cold sores on his lips, BIG ones, poor guy.  #2 son isn't running a fever though and is still pretty cuddly. 

So we've been eating a lot of soup.  I ran to the store real quick yesterday and bought 16 pounds of oranges for us to graze on.

blog pics I 09 007

How do distinguish a cold from the flu?  If you have a fever of more than 100 degrees, you probably have the flu along with a couple other symptoms you don't have if you have a cold such as: body aches, chills, headache and extreme tiredness.  Has the influenza hit your town yet?  You can go to www.weather.com and hit a link for flu activity in your state to see if its there.  Remember the best prevention for flu is wash your hands with soap and water while singing the "Happy Birthday" song! (The time needed to effectively remove germs from hands says my bio-terrorism trained husband!)

Later peoples~ gotta go blow my nose!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, girl!  Hope you all get feeling better soon.  Drink lots of liquids! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO!! Many prayers are being sent your way! Getting sick is miserable and although misery usually loves company, if EVERYONE gets sick who is supposed to take care of who? I bet in your house it is still Mommy/Wifey to the rescue! Hope your are on your way soon to beathing easy again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. : hands Mom some tissues with lotion to lessen the chapping.bless ya!cm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi saw you on my footprints thought I would drop by....sorry your all sick hope yall have speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete