Saturday, January 3, 2009

Outside my window:  It is 28 degrees and sunny today.  Cold  feeling.
 
I am thinking:  I need to get going on my day.  This being Saturday, it is bath day and ironing day and getting ready for church tomorrow!

From the home school rooms: We've taken a break for the last two weeks.  Monday we hit the books again starting with the letter G and the number 5.
 
I am thankful for: A very relaxing two weeks and all the good food we've enjoyed.  It has been a very relaxing unstressful time. 

From the kitchen:  Turkey bacon and pancakes for breakfast.  I think we are going to grill this afternoon and have an early dinner. 

I am reading:  My new "No Greater Joy" magazine and beside my bed is a book I haven't opened yet about three sisters coming to America through Ellis Island and beginning new lives. 

I am hoping: That we will have warmer weather.  It has been very cold. 

I am hearing: My manly man watching a show called, "Stacey David's Gears"  a cool show about fising up project vehicles.  The guy has a cool name too!

Around the house: It is clean and quiet.  The tree is gone and the Christmas decorations are put away for another year. 
 
One of my favorite things:  Can I say the same thing twice?  I love to curl up in my WARM bed with a good book.  It is even sweeter when my "Bubba" (#2 son) comes in and tells me he wants to cuddle and read books with me. (That is special because cuddles with me wins over watching the bigger boys play War games on the computer!)
 
A few plans for the week: Home school, Cooking, Cleaning etc....  

Some thoughts I am sharing:   We are getting ready to plan #2 sons birthday and found out that the Monster Trucks will be in the state a few days before his birthday.  He LOVES monster trucks.  I am excited about that too,   I am a little bit of a redneck girl!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, there!  I won't tell you how nice it's been here .  We're really enjoying being here -- you were right!!!  Although Logan misses having snow.  Maybe you will be out here in the future!!!  Have a good day back at school tomorrow. 

    ReplyDelete