Friday, January 23, 2009

Getting Ready For A Party

 

blog pics IIII 09 002

After four days I finally wrapped the birthday gifts that have been hiding under my bed.  Today we have plans to make the sweetheart cake that my birthday boy requested.  I'll add those pictures later.  I purchased a birthday banner and paper plates and such yesterday.  I'll take pictures of those as well after I decorate.

blog pics V 09 001

blog pics V 09 002

As promised to the birthday boy, we made his birthday cake together. 

blog pics VI 09 002

blog pics VI 09 001

It's taking shape!

blog pics VI 09 006

Raspberry Jam between the layers.

blog pics VI 09 009

All done with the spatula!

blog pics VI 09 010

blog pics VI 09 011

blog pics VI 09 012

blog pics VI 09 014

blog pics VI 09 016

After assembling the cake I set out a few decorations on the table for him. 

blog pics VI 09 020

blog pics VI 09 024

6 comments:

  1. Looks like FUN!  I miss when my kids were that young...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello, the 83 degrees was a friends comment to me she is in Texas we are seeing 60 right now but I would love 80's. I live in Flintstone, Ga. Right on the line of Chattanooga, Tn. we are having some dreaded weather, very cold one day, warm the next. My sinuses are all confused and I keep a constant headache ugh. Hope the birthday party is a hit!Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mymanyblessings - We have family in Etowah, Riceville and Calhoun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party and yummy cake.  Your baby's getting big!!!  It looks like he's going to be a great cook like his Mama .  Hey, how did #1's classes go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @jessnboyz - He has all sorts of stories about college life and this is only the second day!  He did great.  I just wish he had his drivers licence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah! I LOVE the cake.....so fluffy and lovey with hearts & then....a dino!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete