Thursday, March 18, 2010




Outside my window... Oh my!!  It is so nice outside...I can hardly stand it.  I've already been out and worked in the yard for two hours this morning AND started a fire in the fire pit!!


((Remains of the coals from the sticks we picked up and burned this morning.)

I am thankful for... My clean peaceful home.

I am wearing... Khaki green, knit, skirt and SHORT sleeve tee in yellows with white ankle socks.  I went out with my sons yesterday and did some clothes shopping...for them.  Socks, shoes, underwear and jeans.  But we went to my favorite thrift store.  I found three skirts and some summer blouses!

I am praying for... wisdom, contentment, summer, vacations, children, big decisions coming up for #1 son.

I am creating... still nothing!  I will be starting the photo update project next week. Bought some c.d.s for storing pictures on.

  I am enjoying... Got a new magazine in the mail today.  I will shortly be enjoying my lunch and my new magazine.  I went to tha library yesterday and stocked up on books.  Also have been enjoying that Tommy and Tuppence by Agatha Christie.

Agatha Christie's Partners in Crime - Tommy & Tuppence, Set 1

From my kitchen... Salisbury steaks with gravy, scalloped potatoes, green beans and green salad for my manly man!

  One of my favorite things... lovely days like today...temperature is neither too warm or too cold...not windy...just right.


(the crocus started blooming yesterday.)

  From the learning rooms... Nothing this week.  Been too busy with other stuff.


(He got a haircut yesterday...he just needed some off the neck.  I got happy and gave him an almost buzz.)
 
A few plans for the rest of the week... Babysitting today and tomorrow.  Our family is singing a special Sunday morning.  I need to sit at the piano and pluck out the alto part.  Having a hard time hearing that part.  I can sing the tenor just fine!! 

Around the house...  The sound of playing boys.  Peaceful music and SUN streaming through the windows!  NICE!!

(Getting ready for some fresh dirt and spring plants.  A few more dry days and maybe I can get my #1 son to go split some more firewood for me!)

Leaving you with a great verse...

"Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter anything before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon the earth: therefore let thy words be few."  Ecclesiastes 5:2

7 comments:

  1. Yay for finding some clothes at thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not believe how gorgeous it was outside today.  I am so thankful for this weather.  Not gonna last though, I am afraid.  I would love for it to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the verse!!  Love you!  Enjoy your pretty weather.  It's funny how spring comes at different times.  The crocus came out here about a month ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! I can almost smell the firewood burning and hear it crackling and popping! Those crocus are just beautiful. I've thought about planting some, but haven't ever done it. I love crocus, hyacinth, phlox and daffodils. Congrats on the new clothes! I'll be prayin' for ya regarding that musical piece! What are you playing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the verse you posted! wow your family is going to sing together in church? That is awesome! :)Enjoy the weather...Spring is almost here!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We did some yardwork today, too.  It was beautiful here today, I don't think we'll have any more rain until the winter.  Like your big guy's haircut, he looks so much like his dad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. boy, I remember singing alto in glee club in high school. Its harder than most people think!!I think we are all enjoying this weather. Now to keep up with the winters till their all gone-blackberry winter, whipperwill, etc.Love the buzz!  I almost did the same thing to Jake, but caught myself, and my hubby, I used an attachment that was the wrong size-he got a CLOSE CUT this time!! LOL But, that just means it will be a while before I do it again!!! lol

    ReplyDelete