My husband enjoyed a salad similar to this one while we were at the resort. It seems perfect for summer!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 diced red apple
- 1 diced Granny Smith apple
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice , divided
- assorted mixed lettuce leaves for serving
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar and 1 TBS. lemon juice. Refrigerate until salad is prepared.
- Soak cherries or cranberries in 1/2 cup boiling water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Add chopped apples to a large bowl. Add 1 TBS. lemon juice and toss apples to coat. Add celery, cherries or cranberries and nuts to the apples and mix. Add dressing, folding gently to coat all the salad ingredients.
- Chill salad for a few hours before serving.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.