Monday, June 16, 2008

A Few Days Left

 

 

Only a few days left at this home and then we're off to 40+ days of living out of a suitcase to get to the next home.   I'm sure it will be a beautiful trip.  Yesterday we drove about 6 miles out of town to check out the bed and breakfast we're staying at for 10 days.  It will be peaceful and relaxing, a refreshing break for me from all the cleaning and organizing done recently.

 

 
(Above)...This is a picture of the bed and breakfast.  There are about 5 bedrooms and could sleep probably about 20 people.  We have the entire bottom floor.  Two bedrooms, living room and bathroom.  It is a private area, which is nice for our pets.

 

(Above)... is a picture of the common area that we will all share.  There is a nice pool table in the back room.  Continental breakfast everyday and interesting ideas for shared dinner plans.  The owner likes to smoke fish and barbecue. 

 

Below is a picture of my almost complete packing.  I just have a few more things to go inside the suitcases.  We'll each have our own pillows and those are not in the picture. The kitty and her crate are also not pictured, neither are the fishing poles, tackle or the tool box (needed in case of vehicle breakdown.) 

 

packing

 

 

Pictured below is our totally amazing Dodge Caravan.  It has been a great vehicle and has gone places some people would only take a 4 wheel drive.  This will be its second cross country trip.  Next week my manly man will be getting it serviced for the drive.  #1 dear son cleaned and vacuumed it all out and will put the small rear seat back in.

Blog1 001  

 

I'll try to take a few more pictures and post them in the next few days.

~Later~

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are just about ready!  10 days seems like an awful long time to sit "biding time" in one place.  What will you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @onehappymomma - RELAX, RELAX, RELAX, oh did I mention, RELAX?  I'll have my fishing pole.  One of my friends from church lives not too far away, she wants to take me horse back riding, Ha!  I haven't done that since high school, should be interesting.  Aaron will spend Monday through Friday with our youth Pastor at teen camp here on the island.  Stacey works up till the day we leave.  10 days will go by quickly.

    ReplyDelete