Sunday, June 29, 2008

Congratulations Aaron!

Today was a busy Sunday at church.  Our teens returned from camp yesterday.  There were many salvation decisions during the week.  They were all still in high spirits today.  Of course it was our last day to be with our little church family.  We enjoyed a potluck fellowship after the morning service and went right into an early evening service.  We were all done by 3 p.m.

Today was even more special for us because it was the day our #1 son, Aaron graduated from High School.  This is what I said before I presented Aaron with his diploma:

 Most of you know me, some may not.  I am Mrs. Beth Ledford, homeschool teacher, and administrator of El Cerrito Baptist Academy.  For the last twelve years I've had one student, Aaron.  Today it is with great pleasure that I present Aaron with  his high school diploma.

About 17 years ago, my husband and I made the commitment that we would do our best to educate Aaron at home.  We've seen many benefits , through the years, regarding our efforts of home education.

Aaron has performed extraordinarily well in all his studies.  He has shown courage and determination.  Aaron has also demonstrated patience when neither of us knew quite how to proceed.

For twelve years I have prayed about this day.  I've prayed I would be able to bring it pass with the best of my abilities.  I believe today is that proof.

Aaron, now you can only apply what you've been taught.  It is my one desire, that with the rest of your life you'll continue to do as the scripture says:   

II Peter 3:18 

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 

To him be the glory both now and forever.  AMEN"

 

 

Grad

Grad

4 comments:

  1. What a day it sounds like you had!! How excited and proud you must feel for your son and his accomplishments! And speaking of accomplishments, I must say I admire your efforts in homeschooling him. It is always an encouraging thing to me when I see the amazing dedication a parent invests in their children through homeschooling. It must have been hard to say goodbye to your church family. But I know there must be excitement to see what God has around the next corner of your life! By the way, we LOVE the idea of having a potluck on Sunday afternoon with services immediatly following. Since we have come to Anacortes, we call them "Super Sundays" and we do them almost every other week! It's fun to know other churches do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Aaron!!!!Aw, sis...you made me cry.  It's the strangest feeling to have all these memories of little Aaron....the one who couldn't say my name right, who cried forever in the truck when he was a baby, who used sticks for swords, and on and on...and now to look at him and realize he just graduated from high school and he looks like such a man and when did that all happen??Only 12 more years of homeschooling to go with son #2!!Have a good week.  Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your trip goes well.  You left Kodiak and it hasn't stopped raining since.  Thanks for taking the sunshine.  Ha Ha  I have 27 days left until my new little one is scheduled to arrive.  Unless my blood pressure continues to rise and then I get her early.  We miss you, and we had 19 on Wed. night even with all the missing folks.  Things definitely won't be the same without you.  Drive carefully, and hope you see lots of wild life.  I'll never forget your tea party. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, Mrs. Beth!!  How very special and monumental!!  A big Congratulations to your whole family for such a success.  It took you all, to enjoy this Victory, I'm sure.  I thought I was going to be seeing Aaron at His Servants Bible Camp.  I went on Wednesday (yesterday), and saw Bro. Wes.  I asked him if Aaron was running around somewhere, and with a lil sorrow in his eyes, said ya'll headed out Monday. .  He said it was hard to say Goodbye to ya'll.  Well, I just had to comment and say Hello.  Haven't for a lil while now.  It's been soooo busy.  TTYLMrs. Elsie

    ReplyDelete