Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Random Day

 Random thoughts for my random day...

If a blog is like a personal diary, what do I write when I invited my former Pastor, my sister, my mother and my mother in law to read my blog?  Ha-Ha

How do I 'organize' when getting ready to move?

How do I motivate myself to be excited about:   1.  moving 5000 miles  2.  Living out of a suitcase for 40+ days... 3.  Being confined in a van for 21 days with a husband, two children, a dog and a cat...  4.  Thinking of the possibility of eating out 3 meals a day for 40+ days...

Big Sigh...

blog1 002

 

blog1 003

 

blog1 004

 

packing mess

Things done yesterday:

Wash bedding, fold bedding, make cedar sachets for bedding, unroll sleeping bags to sleep on until they are packed, pull artificial greenery off bedroom wall,  take down bedroom curtains and wash them, throw some pillows away, wash clothes, fold clothes, make lunch, make dinner, think, think ,think!

Things done today:

breakfast, shower, check blog, call husband, talk on phone, think.

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. The "trick" to writing heart-felt posts while understanding that people you actually know are reading your every word is to pray that your heart and thoughts are in the right place.  Sometimes I go without saying anything just because I know what I wanted to say was just not right.  Anyhow, love your new decorating scheme...what are you going for with this look, the relaxed wind-swept look?  Everything sounds so familiar to two years ago when you did a trip like this.  What an adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @onehappymomma - My decorating theme/goal is to see if we can fill up every available flat surface with "stuff."  Can you believe my landlord came over today to show the house without calling first?  What a day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done that and more.   It is not fun but you can do it.  Just remember to take a deep breath.  Sit for five minutes all by yourself and say it will be alright.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth,  Hang in there! I know EXACTLY how you feel. You will do fine. Enjoy the quite life as it won't be quiet where you are going. The station is nice though. It will be a whole new world. Take a couple deep breaths in between boxes.Debbie

    ReplyDelete