Wednesday, January 6, 2010

~~Just Call Me...Spot~~


 
This is my #2 son.  We've decided to rename him Spot.  He is feeling much better this morning and his fever is very low.  He's already had a special bath and dressed in another pair of pajamas. 

He is trying out his newly organized room with his army men buddies.


I am posting some extra pictures of my great room after I put all the Christmas decorations away and displayed one of my Christmas presents on the buffet. (A new radio with 3 CD changer.  This will make reading in those two chairs so much more pleasant, and soothing with relaxing music going softly in the background.  )




The new, spring, looking place mats I found at Wal Mart on Monday.



((And... April Jo, even with pretty stuff on the table, my guy still sets his 'stuff' there...arrgghh!))

------------------------------------------------

Cowboy Calzone

1/2 pound Hot breakfast sausage
1 pound ground beef
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 (8oz can) Rotel tomatoes
8 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
1/2 c. grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. grated Monterey jack cheese
1 egg beaten
 salt and pepper
prepared pizza crust dough
oil for brushing

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

In large skillet combine the sausage and hamburger with the onion.  Brown on medium heat.  Drain grease after cooking.  Pour in Rotel to hamburger mix in the skillet.  Stir.  Cook 2 minutes.  Then cool. 

Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, Monterey jack and egg with salt and pepper.  Add cooked , cooled meat mixture to to cheese mix.  Stir to combine.

Divide dough into 8 equal pieces.  Roll out to 6 inch circle.  Place 1/8 of meat mixture in the middle of each dough circle.  Fold in half, creating a pocket full of meat.  Seal edges.  Transfer calzone to greased baking sheet.  Brush tops with olive oil.

Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.




9 comments:

  1. Chicken pox!!!! Oh, I hope he gets over them quickly.. they can be so miserable. Two Christmas' ago all three of my kids had them at the same time~ but I guess everyone says it's good to get them behind them when they're young. I have a friend who didn't get them until she was almost 18 and she was so sick.. and still has some pretty bad scaring! :/The calzones sound yummy.. and remind me, I think it's lunch time round here! :)Love your decor~ such a pretty, cozy looking home.blessings~ amber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You so inspire me to get busy and get the rest of my Christmas stuff down!!! Hope little guy gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 son just saw the pic's of his buddy and wanted to know what was on him.  I said it was the chicken pox and he was asking what the chicken "pops" were.  Glad he's feeling a little better.The calzone looks so good.  I'll definitely have to try it.  I like your new placemats.  I think we're taking our stuff down on Saturday.  We're the only tacky family left on the block with Christmas dec. still up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That calzone sounds wonderful--i'm going to try it!  Hope Spot only has a mild case of the chicken "pops"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your poor boy!  Love the pictures of your home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like he likes his newly reorganized room!  Your home does look very cozy and the placemats are great colors.  The calzones sound so yummy and warm.Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww poor spotted boy! I love your new placemats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Beth dearie, I guess we cant win them all!!  Maybe  you start confiscating and hiding the stuff!!!!!!!  I miss my stereo! Ah....SPRING!!

    ReplyDelete