Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Terrific Tuesday With A Recipe!




These are the flowers I received last night from my manly man.  I really needed them too! 

(Are you curious how the goat cheese lasagna turned out?  It was beautiful!  #1 son had 3 servings, manly man had 2 servings.  I was less impressed.  For all you goat cheese lovers out there...more power to ya!  Definitely not something for me to eat everyday.  I told my guys that was a gourmet meal as goat cheese is fashionable these days.  Probably about $20.00 a plate if we ate this meal in a restaurant!)

Earthquake Cake


http://i.ehow.com/images/a02/36/lo/make-earthquake-cake-200X200.jpg


Coconut- enough to cover bottom of 9x13 pan
1 c. chopped pecans-sprinkle over
1 German cake mix, prepared according to box directions.
Pour over coconut.
Combine 1/2 c. butter
3 and 1/2 c. powdered sugar
8 oz. softened cream cheese
Beat until smooth.
Spoon over cake mix. Do not stir.
Bake at 350' for 1 hour.




8 comments:

  1. yeah for the flowers! They're so nice in the dead of winter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers - don't they just give you such a boost!  Heart, soul, and spirit.  Enjoy them immensely.  So glad the goat cheese was a success.  And just for the record ~ although I like it very very much ~ like you, I wouldn't want it everyday either.  Thanks for the recipe - I had to chuckle because German Chocolate Cake is on my mind these days.  I am catering a birthday party here in the office the end of the month, and two of the sweets happen to be German Chocolate Cake, and also German Chocolate Cookies.  LOL  It's just funny when there's something on your mind and then a total different someone posts or says something so very similar to what you're thinkin' !   

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I get flowers. Or even buy them myself!! Bringing a bouqet of flowers in the house just does something!!! Special occasion? Or just b/c he loves ya whole bunches???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers!!!  He did good! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how the goat cheese would taste and am not tempted in the least to find out for myself.Yummy recipe.  Thank you.  I printed it off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohhhh pretty flowers, I love pink roses!!!!I don't like goat cheese....so I probably would not like that very much. it tastes soooo "goaty!"

    ReplyDelete