Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Menu Monday~ On Tuesday!


 
I played catch up yesterday running errands that didn't get done with the holiday last week.  We didn't back until almost 2 p.m.  #2 son wasn't feeling so well.  So I encouraged some liquids and kept an eye on him.  Dr. Mom is thinking he has chicken pox!  He only has a few spots so far and is running a pretty good fever.  He just wants to watch movies and ..."NOT DO BLEND LADDERS!!"

The Christmas boxes are down from the attic, waiting for me to fill them up and get them put away again.
I was inspired by all the organizing tips from jimsruby recently.  Yesterday we purchased some plastic containers and packed a few toys from #2 son's room and sent them to the attic to be forgotten for a while.  When they come back, it will be like they are new.  I bought him a bigger area rug trying to encourage him to play with ALL his army men in his room.  We are pleased with the results.


#1 son is cleaning his room...can you tell it's hard work?


It's pretty bitter cold here and it's expected to remain that way for a few days.  It makes me crave soups, stews and fried things with gravies...oh my!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Menu Monday~ On Tuesday

Monday-  leftover stew and corn bread
Tuesday- hamburger stroganoff with cooked rice, stir fried green beans
Wednesday-  salmon patties, mashed potatoes, garlic broccoli  chocolate chip cookies
Thursday-  shrimp in sage cream sauce with spinach fettuccine, green salad, rosemary bread
Friday- Cowboy Calzones and coke
Saturday-  Grilled chicken thighs, grilled zucchini, grilled sweet potato
Sunday-  Waffle breakfast, sausage, fried potato, scrambled eggs
((evening fellowship at church  I am taking those pretzel candies and maybe crackers and cheese))

Have a great week friends.  I'll try to post an update on our house tomorrow!


15 comments:

  1. Stay warm and I pray son #1 gets well soon.  We are having record cold temps this week.  I am soo not used to it, but enjoying it just the same.  I have been layering and it helps greatly.  Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chicken pox?? definately movie time!! LOL I guess he dont feel like blending Ladders !! LOL that so good!and son #1-glad our boys are "typical"-the have the same kind of room. As long as I can shut the door-I'm OK.......for a while!! LOL (((looks like they have the same comforter!! walmart???))Glad to be used of Him to be useful to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jimsruby - Comforter/quilt is Target.  I love it because it's heavy, like a packing blanket that movers use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it's not the chicken pox for son #2 & that he feels better soon.  LOL at the pic of son #1 cleaning his room--you can see the extraordinary effort he's putting into it.  Funny, my 10 yr. old daughter cleans her room the same way!  Have fun organizing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they get the chicken pox in their hair,too. They usually get the Veracilla shot at 1 yr old and again at 5yrs old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's the way to clean a room:)  Hope your younger son doesn't get chicken pox to bad.  That is so miserable.  I am thawing out sliced beef to make open faced beef sandwiches, salad ans steamed green beans for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Poor guy!  I pray he gets feeling better soon.What is cowboy calzones?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is gonna be miserable I'm guessing for the both of you.    It's so hard when they itch and ya can't let them.   Poor kid.      Hope he gets over it quickly!   

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jillycarmel - We chose not to vaccinate for chicken pox.  

    ReplyDelete
  10. @stixandstonz2009 - I love sandwiches!!  With gravy...dipped...mayonaise...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @jessnboyz - I'll try to post recipe later...it's with ricotta and shredded jack, a pizza pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell us about garlic broccoli...recipe??

    ReplyDelete
  13. @specialtreasure - It is just bite size, fresh, broccoli pieces cooked in hot olive oil with chopped garlic added and salt and pepper to taste... cooked until done but still a bit crunchy.  I like to fix fresh green beans the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @betheelou - oh,look at the back of his neck and head and some kids have a mild case but your next child will have a worse case(if there is one in the house)I'm a retired nurse so my kids got everyshot in the book and then some. When the MMR first came out -I said Phil I've got something for you and you might not like it but...he says,"I know mom, Blue's mom is a nurse and we just chased him around the house and it took 3 of us to hold him down." lol so Phil took it

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds delicious and definitely more healthy than my version of how to eat brocolli; which is brocolli, velveeta, crm. mushroom soup and rice!  I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete