I've enjoyed this dish every time I've gone to The Cheesecake Factory. It is so very good. If you don't cook with wine, you could substitute juice, a good balsamic, or vinegar for the madeira.
I also stumbled on a couple neat websights. Thought I'd share. www.all-restaurantrecipes.com
Pasta Da Vinci
- Penne Pasta – Enough for 2 servings according to the box
- 1/4 Red Onion – Chopped
- 1/2 cup Button Mushrooms – quartered
- 1 tsp Garlic – chopped, not minced or crushed
- 1/2 lb Chicken Breast – Cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Madeira wine (red)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- Follow the directions on the box for the pasta. Make sure you cook them “al dente”.
- Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in 1 Tbsp of the butter until tender.
- Remove the onions, mushrooms and garlic and set them aside until later.
- In the same pan, cook the chicken, stirring frequently.
- Remove the chicken and it aside until later.
- To the same pan, add 2 Tbsp butter and melt over a low-medium heat.
- Sprinkle the flour over the butter and stir to make a roux.
- Slowly add in the wine, water and heavy cream, stirring constantly.
- Cook over a medium-high heat until thickened – Stirring often to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the parsley and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, garlic and onions back in and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Pour over the pasta and serve with Parmesan cheese.