Today's theme. . . Rice A Roni
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 1 1/2 hrs
- Brown beef in a skillet; drain off grease.
- Place drained beef in a large bowl. Add seasoning packets from rice mix, soup, and water. Whisk until thoroughly blended. Mix in rice and noodles from boxes.
- Place in a greased 9 x 13" glass casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and stir thoroughly, making sure to scrape the bottom of the casserole, so the rice isn't sticking.
- Return it to the oven and bake 10 minutes more, sprinkling the onions over the top for the last 3 minutes.
Ingredients1 package RICE-A-RONI® Mexican Flavor
1 pound ground round
1 finely chopped yellow onion
1 can black beans (rinsed)
1 can mild chili beans (rinsed)
1 can dark red chili beans (rinsed)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato juice
Reduced fat sour cream
Reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook ground round and onions until meat is brown and onions are translucent.
- While meat is cooking, prepare RICE-A-RONI® Mexican Flavor as directed.
- In a separate pan, combine black beans, chili beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes and tomato juice. Add chili powder (to suit your taste). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- Add prepared rice mixture and ground round.
- Allow to simmer over low heat for at least an hour.
- Serve topped with reduced fat sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese with tortilla chips on the side.
Easy Porcupine Meatballs
1 pkg. beef Rice-a-roni
1 lb. ground beef
1 egg, beaten
2 1/2 c. hot water
Mix together ground beef, Rice-a-roni and egg. Shape into small balls. Brown on all sides in skillet. Combine contents of beef seasoning packet with hot water. Pour over meat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Thicken gravy if desired.
**Thank you www.ricearoni.com for help with today's recipes and pictures!