Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Decorating

We squeezed some time in on Wednesday and Grandma got to watch us decorate for Christmas.  It was a thrill for her as it has been a while since we did something Christmassy together.  This is the first time I've had a staircase that I could hang swags of fresh greenery on.  I love Christmas, not commercial Christmas, just what it is and what it means to me.  My Saviors birthday.  I am so thankful for what Christ did for me, born to die for my sins so I can have for forgiveness and eternal life.

dec 3 08 001

dec 3 08 008

Some of these greens came form our yard where squirrels, deer, rabbits, birds and neighbor cats roam.  There must be delicious kitty smells in these greens.  It was fun to watch Shadow climb the rail to get a great big sniff.

dec 3 08 012

dec 3 08 010

I'll try to post more pictures later.  I can't get the lights on the tree to photograph right.  I'll try again at night.

x tree 08 005

x tree 08 006

x tree 08 007

9 comments:

  1. Beth, thanks for sharing pics of your tree with us.  I can kind of see the lights in the first picture and I'm sure it will be beautiful at night.  I love Christmas trees, so while I can't have one until next year, I will have to enjoy everyone elses.  Maybe you can get a good pic with the lights on this evening. ~ DJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect tree!!  Is it real?  I'm sure your cat loved getting good whiffs of all those scrumptious smells.  All your decorations looks very festive.  I love how no matter where you move I can always know what your house looks like and recognize all your things in the pictures.  Love you sister-lou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.  DJ left me a comment a couple days ago but there's no way that I can contact her back.  Could you message me her email address or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas tree and decorations look beautiful at night!  I so enjoy all of the beautiful lights this time of year. You can give Eli my email address.  I'm still trying to figure out how to do all of this blogging stuff and I'm not sure how to leave a link to my blog when I comment.  Even though I don't have xanga, there should be a way.  I am playing with all of my settings, so maybe I will figure it out.  You only have two choices under choose identity, so I have to choose anonymous, since I don't have a xanga blog.  On mine I think there are three choices, so you can choose Other and leave a link to your blog with your name.  I'll have to go back and check and see if I'm right on that or not, but I think that's right.  There's so much to learn!!!!By the way, what are eprops?  I don't have those with my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I was wrong on my comment before this........Other is not one of the choices.....you have to choose Name to leave your name and a link to your blog, when you comment on mine.  Anyway, I'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I figured it out, I just had to change one of my settings, so now when you click on (site) beside my name, it will take you to my blog.  

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your christmas decor looks great.  Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Debra - I am not sure exactly what they are.  I think they are points you can give and recieve and buy things like characters with them but you have to be xanga to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My tree is real!  It smells really nice and I love its shape!  I bought it at the produce stand where we bought tomatoes, corn and watermelon this summer.  It was a little more than i wanted to spend but it is nice to have a real tree.

    ReplyDelete