Friday, December 26, 2008

Great Christmas

 

"The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family."

Thomas Jefferson

 

"Being myself is never the same in the world as it is at home with my family."

Wes Fessler

 

"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

George Moore

"Make love easy to find at home, or it will be hard to find anywhere."

Wes Fessler

Christmas 08 002

Before Baking

 

Christmas 08 004 

Opening Gifts

Christmas 08 005

Each year for the past three years Banjo has been able to find the gifts that are his and open them just like a professional.

Christmas 08 008

 Christmas 08 009

Fresh from the oven.  Today there is only few cinnamon rolls and dinner rolls left.  This is one of my favorite dough recipes.  I've been making this recipe since I was 14 years old.  My Dad loved this recipe, maybe because it made so much dough and I'd make cinnamon rolls for him and my brothers.   (Miss you Dad!)

Christmas 08 011

A special treat, our 10 pound honey baked ham.  Haven't had one of these since about 1990 when a dear friend bought one for us.

Christmas 08 010

No fancy china today just everyday and it doesn't match the table cloth!

Christmas 08 014

ps.  That is cider on the table (f.y.i.!!)

Christmas 08 015

Enjoy your weekend with your loved ones everyone.  Praying for you all!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks like you had a great feast for Christmas! We(craig and I) on the other hand, started a hardcore diet change a couple of weeks before Christmas and decided to stay on it even for that special day. So, 1000 calories were all we had! It is paying off, though, as my clothes are getting baggy and the numbers on the scale are going down. Our doctor gave us the diet and we feel really good about it.  It is amazing that you can be completely satisfied on so few calories! We are definately making better choices and getting to try all kinds of new flavors for some variety.  My hubby needed this for his health.  He needs to bring his blood pressure down, you should not be on meds. at 30 something!!!  I am really proud of him, he is looking really good!!! Hey, please e-mail me as I can't find your e-address. Thanks, love ya!Emily 

    ReplyDelete