Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday

x tree 08 006

Saturday
 
Outside my window:  After a record temperatures yesterday (65 degrees), it is back down to 36 degrees and has already sleeted this morning.
 
I am thinking:  I am excited that #1 son Aaron will be coming home from his quick visit to Kansas City tomorrow.  I miss his company.  His Dad thought I just missed him because he did a lot of 'work' around here.  I just miss my Aaron.  His absence this week makes me pray for him more for what he is deciding about his future plans.

From the home school room: Starting on the letter "G" this week and reviewing the number 4, shapes of diamond and heart.

I am thankful for: Having a husband who gets up every morning and drives in rush hour traffic twice a day to provide for our family. 

From the kitchen:  COMFORT FOOD!  Biscuits and gravy for dinner last night.  Tonight I may make teriyaki rice bowls. 

I am wearing: Blue Kodiak slipper socks, my long cozy green robe.

I am reading:  A mystery about a Bridezilla who was murdered on her wedding day.  The pair of sisters who catered the wedding are solving the mystery.  Recipes at the back of the book!

I am hoping: All of my unspoken prayer requests will be answered. 

I am hearing: Sesame Street on the television.

Around the house: I am enjoying the scent of seasonal greens and spicy candles and the twinkle of little multi colored lights.  

One of my favorite things: Mashed potatoes with sauerkraut and turkey gravy.

A few plans for the week: A LATE night tomorrow as we head to the airport to get Aaron.  One more watch to craft for our Pastor's wife's Christmas present.  Saturday afternoon practice for our Cantata at church on Sunday.

A thought I am sharing:  A joke ~
 

Three Hymns


One Sunday a pastor told his congregation that the church needed some extra money
and asked the people to prayerfully consider giving a little extra in the offering plate.
He said that whoever gave the most would be able to pick out three hymns.


After the offering plates were passed, the pastor glanced down and noticed that someone had placed a $1,000 bill in offering. He was so excited that he immediately shared his joy with his congregation and said he'd like to personally thank the person who placed the money in the plate.


And there sat our Rosie all the way in the back shyly raised her hand. The pastor asked her to come to the front. Slowly she made her way to the pastor. He told her how wonderful it was that she gave so much and in thanksgiving asked her to pick out three hymns.


Her eyes brightened as she looked over the congregation, pointed to the three most handsome men in the building and said, "I'll take him and him and him!"

1 comment:

  1. LOL, that's too funny!  Thanks for the joke, I needed a chuckle today.  ~ DJ

    ReplyDelete