Saturday, December 6, 2008

More Big City

This past Monday we spent about 8 hours in the city.  We took Grandma to see some amazing sights.  Included in the days events were:  Christmas windows displays, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, Times Square, Radio City Music Hall, and Central Park.  We did a lot of walking seeing our sights.  As our reward for all the walking (excersize) at the end of the evening we had burgers at Cheeseburger in Paradise.

dec 1 08 009

In front of the Macy store window, on 34th street, New York.

dec 1 08 013

Hot kettle roasted nuts.  My favorite was the coconut...it was amazing!

dec 1 08 014

Times Square

dec 1 08 020 

At TOYS FOR US,  I just had to take a picture of this giant Barbie doll house!! 

dec 1 08 024

Not into pubs myself, but the architecture we saw this day was amazing.  I think the front of this building looks cozy.

dec 1 08 028

Grand Central Station was awesome also.

dec 1 08 031

dec 1 08 032

Rockefeller Center

dec 1 08 034

dec 1 08 036

dec 1 08 040

dec 1 08 043

dec 1 08 050

dec 1 08 051

dec 1 08 053

dec 1 08 056

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty new page!!  Was Times Square bigger or smaller than you thought it'd be?  Is it loud there?  Does it smell?  Do people really walk up and down the sidewalk in their suits with briefcases? 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked about 2 1/2 hours on my blog yesterday trying to customize.  Times Square was a lot like I imagined.  Rockefeller Center ice rink was a lot smaller than I thought it would be.  It is loud with traffic lots of honking horns.  Yes people are dressed up in suits and briefcases and EVERYONE is on a phone!  How irritating...  I imagined the city to be smoggy like LA but it isn't.  I love the city and I'd love to see the inside of some of the apartments that look out on Central Park.  I was peeking through windows, some of them looked soo cool.

    ReplyDelete