Wednesday, March 9, 2011

~~It's Wednesday~~



(wishing I was fishing!)

Outside my window...
   Outside my window it is cold outside!  I do see daffodil shoots springing up.  My thumbs are itching to see if they will become green this year.  Two days of heavy rain coming.  no yard work yet.  I need a few warm dry days.
   
I am hearing...  I am hearing all things sword play upstairs and a kitchen remake show on the tube.

From the learning rooms... From the learning rooms this week, a new concept. . .double digit subtraction.  We need to review weight, measurements and money counting.  the money counting as it will help him with fractions.  We did weigh and measure the student~ 4 ft 3 1/2 inches tall and 60 1/2 pounds.  I took 5 shirts and two coats out of his closet this week that are to small!!

(what happened to this baby?)

I am thankful for... I am thankful that I will be seeing #1 son at his boot camp graduation this FridayThe past 8 weeks have gone by quickly for his Daddy and I.  I am excited that he is having answered prayer in his life.

 From the kitchen...  We had pizza for lunch.  Daddy is working late, we'll see if there is any pizza leftover for him to snack on. . . I doubt it!

(last nights dinner, before cooking)

(time to wash those dishes)

(sour cream enchiladas)

(left = apple crisp, right = spicy cashew chicken)

(my freezer with some of the meals I made this week.)


I am wearing...  Jeans and a 3/4 sleeve navy blue tee.  No make up, no fixed hair.


My student is wearing a long striped tee with jeans.  No combed hair for him!

 

     I am reading/watching...   No further in the book "In a Heartbeat"  We bought an Oswald Chambers "My Utmost for His Highest" it is a daily devotional and I will start it soon. 

We saw this and it was great!  I remember reading all these books when I was young!

From Momma's Learning Room. . .  I've been wanting to further my education without spending a bundle.  My correspondence class for my Bachelors of Christian Education should arrive any day.  It will be an audio, self paced curriculum. 

These are my classes:

LEVEL THREE: SECTION ONE
  • BSOT3000 OT SURVEY
  • OTBB3205 SURVEY OF EXODUS
  • BSTH4000 BIBLE DOCTRINES
  • MNPM4000 PERSONAL EVANGELISM
  • MNPM3130MINISTRY PREPARATION

LEVEL THREE: SECTION TWO

  • BSNT3000 NT SURVEY
  • NTBB4450 HEBREWS
  • THEO4365 DOCTRINE OF SIN
  • NTBB3406 SURVEY OF MARK
  • THEO4950 ESCHATOLOGY

LEVEL FOUR: SECTION ONE

  • NTBB3407 SURVEY OF LUKE
  • CEMN4000 FOUNDATIONS OF CHRISTIAN ED
  • MNPM4900 BI-VOCATIONAL PASTOR
  • CCBK3001 COUNSELING THEORIES*
  • OTBB3412 SURVEY OF JOSHUA

LEVEL FOUR: SECTION TWO

  • CEMN4030 CHRISTIAN ED IN THE SMALL CHURCH
  • CCBK3002 SPIRITUAL COUNSELING*
  • THEO4100 APOLOGETICS
  • BSOT3405 PSALMS
  • BSHS3500 LIFE OF CHRIST

It has been 12 years since I received my Associates degree.  I am excited about my studies.

I am  praying...  For the desires of my heart.  "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."  Matthew 21:22

 I am creating...  ? Creating is at a standstill.  Projects= photos, albums, spring cleaning, yard work, re arrange a few rooms in the house.

Around the house...

clean sheets on the bed of my boot camp baby


My silly old Christmas Cactus.  6 blooms in March.  Last year it was May.  I suppose it is getting closer to blooming in December?!

 


Shadow cat waiting to cuddle.


Some of my favorite things... 

chocolate covered espresso beans . . .

I've been thinking of starting up my espresso machine.  I LOVE a good, cold, Caramel Macchiato

another favorite, fresh sweet corn and fresh garden tomatoes!


Something to share...

a picture for #2 son of his Daddy holding. . .a weapon


"THAT is sooo coool!!" says #2 son

 Have a great rest of the week/weekend!!

16 comments:

  1. love seeing little pieces of your week!  and what you cook!!! yum.  it took me forever to see shadow cat in the photo!!! haha.  Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mellibella - Shadow was waiting for me to put all that laundry away. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the peek into your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fishing picture.  Wishing I could enjoy some of your famous fish and chips with you.  Do you know what the price of Halibut is?  Crazy high!!  It was so nice getting free fish.  Have a wonderful reunion with your boot camp graduate!Any chances you'll be able to stow away in May?

    ReplyDelete
  5. just reading your blog makes me tired!! LOL You are always so busy!!!! So glad you get to see your son!!! After graduation, what does he do then?That fish is a whopper, what kind is it?And the shot of you ironing........girl ........you still look 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!Good luck on your new studies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool that you get to further your studies.  Have fun at graduation! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss your cooking.  I've eaten a lot of cooking and yours is, by far, my FAVE!  You certainly are a busy girl, all that laundry and ironing and cooking.  Your #2 is sooooo handsome, as a baby and as a big boy.  I suppose it should be no surprise to you that my almost 10 year old is just 64 lbs.  Hee-hee!  It's in the genes!!Oh my sister.  Can I just tell you again how much I miss you and how very desperately I would love for you to live in my neighborhood?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooohhhh recipes!!!!! For the meatloaf (which looks awesome!!!!!!) and the enchilada's! :)You are a very busy woman! How do you do it all? And with a pretty smile to boot! :)ps: thanks so much for the sweet compliment on my site

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun post! I laughed out loud when I read  "My thumbs are itching to see if they will become green this year." ☺☺ SO funny! Great job on those freezer meals! That chicken one looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I'm going to have to look up a recipe for sour cream enchiladas.  What kind of boot camp is your son in?I have a grandson in the Navy and his younger brother is in the Marines.  They both are still in training, but done with boot camp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ata_grandma - www.betheelou.xanga.com/742459207/terrific-tuesday-with-a-recipeand-menu/a recipe for the enchiladas.  Mine are different than that recipe.  I'll see if I can post that recipe next week.  My recipe is from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  My son is just finishing up 8 weeks of Coast Guard boot camp.  Now he will be on a waiting list for his school.  First job in Pascagoula, Misssissippi.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @mamaof3bugs - Enchiladas  (click on the link) I'll try to post another recipe next week.  The key to my meatloaf is Lipton Onion Soup mix and lots of extra onions!  I also add egg, oatmeal seasonings and a dash of milk sometimes a glob of mayonnaise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying with love and faith in miracles.

    ReplyDelete