Thursday, October 6, 2011

~~It's Thursday!~~


(decorated for fall)

Outside my window...  Today outside my window it cool.  It should be high sixties today and 80 degrees by Sunday and Monday.  More leaves are turning color.  It seems every day I see more and more color.  I also see more leaves on the ground.

  I am thinking... Today I am thinking about our next camping trip.  I love going camping.  That last camping spot we had was very nice.  IT was so peaceful.  I am looking forward to a big campfire and cozy, warm bed.

I am thankful...  I am thankful for God's Grace.  I am also thankful for God's Peace.

Genesis 19:19   "Behold now, thy servant hath found grace in thy sight, and thou hast magnified thy mercy. . ."  

Colossians 3:15  " And let the peace of God rule in your hearts. . ."

From the learning rooms... School has gone very well this week.  He is reading so AWESOME!  his spelling is still rough.  Time, Math, Science, is going well.  Skip counting needs work as well.  Piano lessons are great.  Lindsay the new teacher, seems very pleased with his progress.

 
(our art project last week.  We wrote picture books about our last camping trip)

(be sure to click on the pictures to make them larger)


(Breakfast in bed yesterday, a first for him.  HE LOVED IT!!)

  From the kitchen...   Salisbury steaks with mushrooms and onions with onion roasted potatoes and ranch carrots with dinner salads dinner rolls and fresh grape jelly.  Bachelor David is coming over this afternoon to enjoy dinner with us.

I am going to make a jello salad for camping.

That Pumpkin Macaroni was great.  It was a bit grainy(too much cheese.)  It had great color and you couldn't taste the pumpkin at all.




I made jelly yesterday with all those grapes my husband picked.  I had two different types of pectin one box of old pectin and one jar of less sugar/no sugar pectin.  My jelly didn't thicken so I have grape syrup.  Good for pancakes, waffles and biscuits says my husband.




I also managed to get some casseroles in the freezer.  Here is what I ended up with:
Tater Tot Casserole (X2)
Hash brown Casserole (X2)
Green Red Enchilada Casserole with shredded chicken
Ham and Swiss Noodle Casserole
Tuna Twist Casserole
Mom's Barbecue Meatballs with sauce((we ate those last night for dinner))
Cheesy Noodle Casserole
Pumpkin Macaroni (X2)


I am wearing...  Long denim skirt and long sleeved gray tee shirt, short socks and my white tennis shoes.  Dressed but not glamorous!!
 
I am creating... I am thinking about those projects that need started or finished.  Maybe next week will be more normal and i can set down and get some sewing done.
*  camper curtains
* photo processing
*  photo albums
*  photo wall
*  Bible covers
*set out some fall decor
*re-arrange a book shelf in the office/school room
*dust the house
*vacuum
* family pictures/family picture outfits
*sort/organize craft shelves



(Osage Oranges= Hedge Apples . . . every once and I while I catch their scent, a light orange citrus smell.  I love it.  These were FREE along side of the road.  They are $4.99 a piece for fake ones at the craft stores!)

I am going...   In a few hours I will go pick up Bachelor David.

 We may go to the thrift store and window shop before coming back home and eating dinner.  He had to put one of his dogs to sleep last week.  It had cancer of the nose and mouth.  He is feeling it's loss pretty hard.  He still has one dog, a Miniature Pincher (I HATE that dog!) her name is Lassie.  She is wicked!  He thinks he wants another dog right away and will be going sometime in the near future to see what the humane society has available for adoption.  Pray for him and his loneliness.  He is only attending one church service a week and they do not socialize with him outside the church building at all.

  I am reading/Watching...  We got a new series IRONSIDE with Raymond  Burr.


I'm not sure what to think of it yet.  The Ironside character is a bit gruff.  Instead of cussing, he uses euphemisms.


I am praying...  I am praying for the desires of my heart, for the newlyweds, for far away family, for far away friends.

Around the house...  Around the house, a few fall decorations are scattered about.  The house is relatively clean.  I am smelling two good candles, cranberry and cinnamon stick.  Soft music playing is playing in the background.

 
One of my favorite things... It is cool enough outside now to resume tea in the teapot.  We bought a couple new flavors this week.  They taste great combined together with a bit of sweet Tennessee honey added.
 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Camping!! 



Have a Great Weekend Friends!!


                           


7 comments:

  1. Mike and I went camping last week end probably the last one for this year for me.  Mike can camp anytime and love it, I can't.  Catch my blog and I will tell you all about it.  Some funnys in there.  Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do like these Thurs. posts.    Can't imagine making all those meals for the freezer.  You done good     I don't drink coffee at all so I am a tea drinker.  I Love Constant Comment hot tea in the winter and iced tea all summer.  There are actually a lot teas from Bigelow I really like.Bless you for what you do for/with Bachelor David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fall decorations!   YAY for getting meals made and in the freezer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your new header.. did you draw that??i've never heard of that series w/ raymond burr..i always think of him as perry mason! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dislike Miniature Pinchers too!! I found out last week Jake and Lexi got a Pincher and I was PRAYING they didnt get a mini.....they didn't. Its a regular sized one.Put out a tea cup for me!! lol

    ReplyDelete